Frauds try to be psychologists, fail miserably Topic

I'm a PhD candidate in chemistry...

Tell your friend to hop on here and talk about her research a little bit.  I'll tell you if she's stupid or not.

Problem solved.

2/21/2014 9:29 PM
chemistry is a lot like cooking, anyone can do it, I read somewhere
2/21/2014 9:47 PM
Posted by llamanunts on 2/21/2014 6:53:00 PM (view original):
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect
This person could be a case study in the DKE.
2/21/2014 11:13 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I never thought I'd see someone more ridiculously self-absorbed, arrogant, and clueless than early-career colonels in this forum.  Shows what I know.
2/22/2014 12:28 AM
3 more lies. I am none of those. What I am is someone who sees things for both what they are and what they could be, rather than delude myself as to their nature.

Many here have agreed with many of the points I have made. Where the conflict comes is in what should be done about it, what should have already been done about it, and apparently, whether or not it should even be discussed. Perhaps some don't want to be reminded of the opportunity lost. 

None of that makes me anything you said. It does, however, say a bit about you and your desire to engage in confrontation with me. You'll notice I'm not making any half-baked judgments of you, even though you for some reason think it's funny to offer to make a judgment of my friends based on a conversation here when you and many others continuously misrepresent and outright lie about me. What the hell makes you think I'm going to let you do that to a friend of mine? 

And yes still, I keep my personal opinions to myself while I'm called names, lied about, and otherwise abused seemingly without anyone bothering to monitor at all. 

I guess that only happens when a veteran gets butthurt enough to cry about it.
2/22/2014 12:48 AM
Posted by ettaexpress on 2/21/2014 11:57:00 PM (view original):
Posted by nachopuzzle on 2/21/2014 8:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ettaexpress on 2/21/2014 8:09:00 PM (view original):
Provably inapplicable here. I could tell you the story, but you don't really care. You're just interested in playing gotcha.

But I can tell you it's pretty funny when people suspect this and then find out they're the ones that were wrong.
That effect is absolutely applicable in your case. You've done nothing but underestimate the engine (largely because of your own incompetency to use it properly...depth charts, fatigue, etc.) and overestimate both the quality of your own team and your acumen of simulated games as it relates to this one...and to set it all off...you've continually dismissed the advice of people with expertise on the subject - often times in an amazingly arrogant fashion.

Do you ever get tired of being wrong? Because you certainly seemed to enjoy it there. No less than 4 false statements. Maybe more but I stopped counting. 

At least I didn't blow an NT bid by losing in a game where my team was favored by 43. 
L-U-L-Z, let me prove why I'm exactly right:

the facts: Maryville has always needed to win the conference tourney to make the NT because our SOS is so horrible, it's not shocking whatsoever that we lost that bad game because Maryville is terrible, and those point spreads are completely ridiculous. - Anyone will agree.

the reason: I've said all of those things to you DIRECTLY in the recent past, not to mention others have conveyed similar notions albeit in different forms...and yet you still throw absolute nonsense like that out there as if it is a good rebuttal.

the proof: Therefore, you've overestimated your understanding of the simulation, the teams, the players, & the conferences and underestimated the information conveyed to you by others with much much much more experience.....so much so that these dismissals can really only be seen as a form of undue arrogance.

So, even when you try to discredit other people by pointing out their flaws, in reality, you're just discrediting yourself that much more --- Even in your attempt to defend yourself, you have just reinforced the reasoning of why that article applies precisely to you.
2/22/2014 1:00 AM (edited)
Posted by wildcat98 on 2/21/2014 11:13:00 PM (view original):
This person could be a case study in the DKE.
It's no surprise whatsoever that you're freaking out, even changing the title of this thread...and if you really wanna get down to it, and why wildcat is right in his assessment, and why you've left yourself open to sooooooo much parody and satire:

Even when you try to use scholarly articles to prove your points, like you did on page 7 of your "Well game hasn't gotten any more realistic" thread, you just end-up (a) making yourself look like you have no clue what you're talking about and/or like (b) you have no clue what the article means in relation to your position (which in the scheme of things when referencing academic works is actually worse).

I wish I could claim that your actions are somehow ironically related, but I can't, because you quite strikingly reflect the characteristics presented in the works relating to the Dunning-Kruger effect.

2/22/2014 1:27 AM
You know nothing about my life to make such an accusation, and you have displayed no credentials that make you qualified to make such a diagnosis. If you have a psychology degree, let us know. Otherwise, you're talking out your ***. Even if you do, you certainly don't know enough about my life to make a diagnosis, but at least you might in theory have some defense for your actions.
2/22/2014 1:48 AM
If you think we need to know about your entire life to tell that you are exhibiting symptoms of an effect that is typically used to describe individuals' perception of their abilities in a specific field, in this case the HD sim, then you really don't understand the effect at all.
2/22/2014 1:53 AM
Posted by ettaexpress on 2/22/2014 1:55:00 AM (view original):
I haven't left myself open to anything. I've been the victim of a pack mentality by a bunch of veterans that are resentful that I've dared to criticize the game for which they've developed a Stockholm syndrome.

As a result, I've been viciously attacked, accused, belittled, and misrepresented. It's apparently fine and dandy when you do it to me, but if I respond, then it's asymmetric punishment time. Because apparently the admins must protect the veterans from me. 

Who's freaking out? The only thing that has started this is me criticizing a game that you all didn't make. It's not your work, and you for some reason protect and defend it as if it is. And even when a few lone wolves dare to suggest that I might actually be right in my criticism, it gets drowned out in the cacophony of backhanded comments, couched insults, and veiled accusations and false and completely fraudulent amateur psychology. 

Completely unacceptable for people that should be either ambassadors of the game, or drivers of change in it. You all are and have been neither. You've simply drank the kool-aid.

Honestly, and this isn't me trying to make you mad, but if you think the reason you've become such a target for resentment and scorn is because you've dared to criticize the game, then I don't know what to tell you, because it's not.

You're right, this simulation is not our work, but we've been here for a long time, put a lot of work into our teams, and we've criticized the shortcomings of the engine seemingly to the point of ad infinitum. Therefore, not only are your critiques of the engine not new, your initial criticisms were the product of your own ignorance for not knowing how to use the simulation and how it works. And as for those few "lone wolfs" that you mentioned, you've actually managed to turned those precious few who tried to help develop those criticisms against you somehow...it's not really a cacophony if even the opposition stops yelling.

And your piece de resistance....How you've gone about the whole thing.

I can't stand billyg (or gillespie1 or whatever cast of characters he goes by), and I never figured somebody could turn him into a sympathetic figure in my eyes, but you managed to do it, not to mention the amount of users that I actually like whom you treated like a *****. Yet after your ban was over and initial thread deleted, you roll back through with a warped form of having been victimized for your opinions about the simulation??? So, here is the crux: You've brought nothing new to the game (even a new criticism), if anything, you've only served as a refresher course for those of us that know the game...and through it all you've actually managed to miss the vast majority of quality information that's been presented to you.
2/22/2014 3:13 AM
Posted by ettaexpress on 2/22/2014 3:09:00 AM (view original):
Reported for insults and accusations. 
Ticket submitted for insults and accusations you have made. 

EDIT: The fact that you think that post was so heinous it deserved reporting says a lot about you.
2/22/2014 3:18 AM (edited)
◂ Prev 1...13|14|15|16|17...20 Next ▸
Frauds try to be psychologists, fail miserably Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.