The Engine is Broken Topic

what are you talking about etta? just because you don't comprehend the comments of other posters, doesn't mean you should accuse them of senseless targeting.

FWIW, my reference was to a thread before your time, a recent analog to the thread you started which was deleted. so i resent the suggestion that you may be targeted in my post. as for all the other posts, you are making assumptions about the understanding and intentions of the other posters, without really understanding their understanding or intentions. i suggest you study their body of work, previous posts and the like, if you want this information (if you aren't too lazy, that is). i'm not going to chart it all out for you.
2/20/2014 5:38 PM (edited)
Posted by wildcat98 on 2/20/2014 10:54:00 AM (view original):
This thread = the greatest thread.
Not even hyperbole :)
2/20/2014 5:41 PM
Posted by ettaexpress on 2/20/2014 5:27:00 PM (view original):
This entire thread should be reported. 

Completely ridiculous the behavior that's being allowed to go on here, the senseless targeting of a board member for no reason.

Hopefully you all are smart enough to see the obvious fallacies in what you're saying, but I'm not sure some of you are.
I do not see any personal attacks - are there any in this thread?

I do not see any threats or targetting of a person - are there any in this thread?

I see a lot of parody of words and analysis.  And the parody fits really well.

I do see in the quoted words above a statement about posters - how smart or not smart they are - an ad hominem attack on a broad group of posters. 
2/20/2014 5:46 PM

Completely ridiculous the behavior that's being allowed to go on here, the senseless targeting of a board member for no reason.

Hopefully you all are smart enough to see the obvious fallacies in what you're saying, but I'm not sure some of you are.
Etta, on a scale of 1 to 10 (one being the lowest and 10 being the highest), how badly do you want to report this thread?
2/20/2014 7:15 PM (edited)
It's a long standing (at least as long as I paid attention) to have threads saying the "real world is broken" when things happen in college basketball (Most notably, EVERY single NCAA Tourney).  Here's a few examples I found:

http://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=436554
http://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=466248&TopicsTimeframe=0&TopicsPage=62
http://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=452887&TopicsTimeframe=0&TopicsPage=167
http://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=409601&TopicsTimeframe=0&TopicsPage=424

2/20/2014 6:52 PM (edited)
This stuff never happens in other sports. I should know I have been following sports for over two decades. Its a travesty that the older coaches haven't been openly complaining about this from the get go. This is not what a sport should look like. It's terrible and unrealistic.
2/20/2014 6:51 PM

What a ****
2/20/2014 9:21 PM
The sad thing is that despite this upset, Boston College will still end the season without a PIT berth and probably remain at a C- prestige. 

By the way, the engine still has no respect for non-power conference schools like Wichita State. Baseline prestige is holding them back. Despite a Final Four appearance last year and a 28-0 season thus far, they're not even projected as a #1 seed and their prestige is hovering just above a B and probably won't improve to a B+ unless they win it all this year. 
2/20/2014 11:11 PM
Posted by mamxet on 2/20/2014 5:46:00 PM (view original):

I do not see any threats or targetting of a person - are there any in this thread?

I do see in the quoted words above a statement about posters - how smart or not smart they are - an ad hominem attack on a broad group of posters. 
The whole thread is a personal attack and you know it.

And no it doesn't fit very well unless you have a very loose grip on both logic and reality.
2/20/2014 11:29 PM
He once won a game of Connect Four in three moves. Wait ... that was Clone77 wasn't it?
2/20/2014 11:51 PM
Wait, wait ... Are you saying he is "the most interesting man alive"?

Wow.
2/20/2014 11:54 PM
This absolutely fantastic thread, and the discussion of it being in the running for best thread ever, reminds me of uncleal & lefty 2B (http://whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=175834&page=1) and makes me wonder whether etta knows/is him.
2/21/2014 1:17 AM
Posted by zbrent716 on 2/21/2014 1:17:00 AM (view original):
This absolutely fantastic thread, and the discussion of it being in the running for best thread ever, reminds me of uncleal & lefty 2B (http://whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=175834&page=1) and makes me wonder whether etta knows/is him.
can't be the same, that guy is just an idiot who seemingly started out just trying to be helpful by answering a question. etta differs not only in his godlike IQ but also in that he started a thread to **** and moan, without any attempt to be helpful.
2/21/2014 2:09 AM
Posted by ettaexpress on 2/20/2014 11:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mamxet on 2/20/2014 5:46:00 PM (view original):

The whole thread is a personal attack and you know it.

And no it doesn't fit very well unless you have a very loose grip on both logic and reality.
you are completely wrong in virtually every part of this post.

you may (or may not) know basketball, but that doesn't mean you know me or anyone else on here. you don't know what metsmax knows... what, are metsmax and the other posters so interesting that you cannot keep the discussion on topic, instead making incorrect assumptions about their personal lives? maybe metsmax has an IQ of 160 and is making points that you may not possess the intelligence to properly comprehend? i think you should stop blaming others for your inability to properly comprehend their posts, and stop making personal assumptions. heck, maybe metsmax is mentally retarded with an IQ of 50 and despite thinking he has an IQ of 160, and that he and you both are assuming he can realistically assess the situation - maybe he can't. so even if this thread IS a personal attack, isn't it possible he just doesn't know it? it really doesn't matter, because you are wrong either way. also, nobody cares what you think.
2/21/2014 2:16 AM
lulz, Etta is talking about "personal attacks" again...I thought we were discussing the inherently unpredictable nature of collegiate basketball, however, if anybody can recognize threatening behavior it is obviously ettaexpress since he's already been banned once for such actions.
2/21/2014 2:24 AM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
The Engine is Broken Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.