Team in Tark GLV available Topic

Quincy (team link) has an A+ prestige and is coming off a #1 RPI season (Elite 8).

GLV far outpaced every other D2 conference in RPI (as always) and sent 11 of 12 teams to the post-season. 8 teams went to the NT, and the other 3 to the PIT. The NT teams ended up with a couple sweet 16 teams and an elite 8 team, and the 3 PIT teams all made it to the final 4. What that means for the new Quincy coach is, or course, a $hitton of recruiting cash to go along with the high prestige.

GLV isn't for the faint of heart - there are *no* gimme games in conference play - but this is as good a situation as could exist for a coach trying to test himself in the best D2 conference in any World.
2/22/2014 4:27 PM (edited)
Looks like that team is about to take a big fall if this is the end of the season.
2/22/2014 5:46 PM
And like 40k to recruit with.
2/22/2014 5:56 PM
As the former coach of the team, I'd say yes it's true that the team needs to revamp with 6 opening scholarships.  But I really think if the coach who takes it over can recruit either a juco or transfer to play point guard this season.  That's a tournament team again this season.  Hope someone good takes it over.
2/22/2014 8:27 PM
I already have a team in Tark that I'm building, but if I were looking, Nova Southeastern is the job I'd jump to.
2/22/2014 10:36 PM
I thought about it, but i need to stop bouncing around all the damn time. I'm like Larry Brown without all the winning...
2/23/2014 3:22 AM
UPDATED

GLV team available!

U. of Indianapolis - http://whatifsports.com/hd/TeamProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=12161
3/28/2014 1:37 AM
UPDATE - 7/01/14

The 5th winningest team in D2 Tark history, Southern Illinois Edwardsville, is available.  Their ten national championships are second in D2 Tark.  This team is the defending national champion and has a shiny new A+ prestige to work with.

The team is losing 5 players, but with the absurd postseason money and the A+ prestige, it is the perfect opportunity to reload right away.  The GLV sent 10 teams to the national tournament and one more to the PI, winning both tournaments.
7/1/2014 12:21 PM
in S94, Tark GLV sent 9 teams to the NT (2 more to the PI), 7 of which won at least 1 game (5 Sweet 16, 3 Final 4, both Championship game teams). So tons of post-season money to work with in S95.

One of those NT teams - U. of Indianapolis - is available. As you can tell from this thread, we rarely have much turnover in GLV, but it isn't for the faint of heart. The open team brings back three seniors, but with our post-season money plus 5 open scholarships, there's the chance for someone to come in and throw his weight around (at least in recruiting) right away.

Anyone up for the challenge?
9/3/2014 1:04 PM
The U. of Indianapolis has opened up again as dacj501 has cut back on his teams. The link above still works, and the buzzsaw you'd be jumping into is largely the same.

In S96, we sent 9 teams to the NT, 8 of whom made the Sweet 16. 6 of the Elite 8 teams were from GLV, 3 of the Final 4, and it was an all GLV championship game. 

That Championship game featured mniven's St. Joseph knocking off gpgp's Lewis program. In conference play, St. Joseph went 8-8 and Lewis went 9-7.

That illustrates a bit how there are no nights off in conference play, but if you're looking for a challenge and to try and win amongst the very best, GLV is the place to be. Come join us!
11/5/2014 12:29 PM
New coaches carryover and postseason cash is wiped out for the first season right?
11/5/2014 1:21 PM
Posted by mikvitu on 11/5/2014 1:21:00 PM (view original):
New coaches carryover and postseason cash is wiped out for the first season right?
You lose any carryover the old coach may have had, but get the conference postseason money.
11/5/2014 1:44 PM
Posted by clouseb on 11/5/2014 1:44:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mikvitu on 11/5/2014 1:21:00 PM (view original):
You lose any carryover the old coach may have had, but get the conference postseason money.
Which, for the GLV, is a metric **** ton.
11/5/2014 2:13 PM
Huh, in the FAQ it says it's all wiped out when a team isn't renewed. Or is that saying your money is wiped out when you don't renew and you get the new teams money when you're rehired?
11/5/2014 9:51 PM
It may be in the technical wording of it - All the cash that is there when the job becomes vacant may go away, but you don't get the post-season money from the previous season until after the hiring process is done.<br />
<br />
So - by the time that money arrives - you're either the coach (so you can cash that check) or you're not (and SimAi is spending the cash instead).
11/6/2014 1:35 AM
12 Next ▸
Team in Tark GLV available Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.