Where is the line? (thread locked, I believe) Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
haha, you consider "****" a cuss word.
2/23/2014 9:25 PM
Ya know if you walk away and stop posting then nobody will have anything to say. Seriously, if you stopped posting it would end. But you won't because you enjoy as much if not more (probably more) than anyone else on here
2/23/2014 9:56 PM
Posted by milwood on 2/23/2014 9:56:00 PM (view original):
Ya know if you walk away and stop posting then nobody will have anything to say. Seriously, if you stopped posting it would end. But you won't because you enjoy as much if not more (probably more) than anyone else on here
You. Nail. Head.
2/23/2014 10:01 PM
Also, if this is the most inhospitable message board environment you've ever seen, Etta, then you don't get around the interwebz much.
2/23/2014 10:02 PM
Posted by milwood on 2/23/2014 9:56:00 PM (view original):
Ya know if you walk away and stop posting then nobody will have anything to say. Seriously, if you stopped posting it would end.
+1
2/23/2014 10:03 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by wildcat98 on 2/23/2014 10:02:00 PM (view original):
Also, if this is the most inhospitable message board environment you've ever seen, Etta, then you don't get around the interwebz much.
More baseless accusations with no factual mooring. I've been on the Internet for 20 years. I was around when the World Wide Web was a novelty but you didn't use it much because it was too slow. So yeah...you're...not quite right there.

The first basketball sim I ever played I found on usenet.

2/23/2014 10:08 PM
Posted by ettaexpress on 2/23/2014 10:07:00 PM (view original):
Yeah and then you all get to claim victory for driving me into submission. That's just what you want.

To paraphrase Office Space, "Why should I change? You're the ones that suck."

So that's the only thing then? The only way to make people not behave like a pack of wild animals is to disengage? Boy, doesn't say much for your board and its denizens.

You could also choose to quit being confrontational about a game you have little experience and next to no real knowledge about. But you don't want to do THAT, either.
2/23/2014 10:09 PM
Posted by ettaexpress on 2/23/2014 10:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wildcat98 on 2/23/2014 10:02:00 PM (view original):
More baseless accusations with no factual mooring. I've been on the Internet for 20 years.
And you've never once run into a message board more inhospitable than this one? OOOOOOOKAAAAAY....
2/23/2014 10:10 PM
Perhaps you don't understand just how inhospitable you're being. Not uncommon really.

This board has done nothing but attack me ever since I came back, even though I haven't done anything wrong and have corrected my behavior. And really billyg has been pretty quiet and reasonable too. Now, for some reason, a bunch of people that didn't have anything to do with the original problem think it's their time to jump in.
2/23/2014 10:12 PM
Posted by ettaexpress on 2/23/2014 10:12:00 PM (view original):
Perhaps you don't understand just how inhospitable you're being. Not uncommon really.

This board has done nothing but attack me ever since I came back, even though I haven't done anything wrong and have corrected my behavior. And really billyg has been pretty quiet and reasonable too. Now, for some reason, a bunch of people that didn't have anything to do with the original problem think it's their time to jump in.
I love that you're accusing OTHER people of lacking self-awareness. That's just awesome. I take it back. Stay around. This still has some entertainment value left, I think.
2/23/2014 10:14 PM
I'm still waiting to see what the total payout would be on letting them pay me off. Everyone talking a good game but no one actually putting dollar signs down.
2/23/2014 10:18 PM
etta, if you see colonels, he is accepted now. we went on with him for months until he got it into his head to drop his childish BS. we all are secretly hoping the same will happen with you. you see, at some point, even the most dense person recognizes that in a group with hundreds of people, if they all get along with each other, and so many don't get along with you... that its not every one else, its you. most people will eventually figure that out. you are generally more intelligent than the previous versions of yourself, so i have hopes you will figure it out sooner, than later. most of those who have had threads like yours, eventually became reasonably respected members of the community. or at least, tolerated, and treated civilly. 

just to be clear, when i say we all get along with each other... im not suggesting that in the absolute. as one of the most vocal members of the community, i am very personally aware its not absolutely true... but even in the role of one of the most polarizing figures in this community (few coaches are more widely appreciated but i also have ****** off quite a few, im probably easily top 10 in both the very well liked and very disliked categories), which gives me great experience to speak from in making this statement - its not all that hard to behave in a manner where you can get along with others here, and have civil discussions, even if you disagree.

frankly, you moderated quite a bit from your first thread to your second, if you take one more step that large, you will probably be fine. if you really want to participate in the community, lay low for a week or so, and then try again. its fine to disagree. you see difference of opinion in tons of threads around here, but they sure as hell don't look like the threads you started. everyone gets 2nd and 3rd and 4th chances here. you just have to show a little effort and things will turn around quite quickly for you.
2/23/2014 10:19 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 2/23/2014 10:20:00 PM (view original):
etta, if you see colonels, he is accepted now. we went on with him for months until he got it into his head to drop his childish BS. we all are secretly hoping the same will happen with you. you see, at some point, even the most dense person recognizes that in a group with hundreds of people, if they all get along with each other, and so many don't get along with you... that its not every one else, its you. most people will eventually figure that out. you are generally more intelligent than the previous versions of yourself, so i have hopes you will figure it out sooner, than later. most of those who have had threads like yours, eventually became reasonably respected members of the community. or at least, tolerated, and treated civilly. 

just to be clear, when i say we all get along with each other... im not suggesting that in the absolute. as one of the most vocal members of the community, i am very personally aware its not absolutely true... but even in the role of one of the most polarizing figures in this community (few coaches are more widely appreciated but i also have ****** off quite a few, im probably easily top 10 in both the very well liked and very disliked categories), which gives me great experience to speak from in making this statement - its not all that hard to behave in a manner where you can get along with others here, and have civil discussions, even if you disagree.

frankly, you moderated quite a bit from your first thread to your second, if you take one more step that large, you will probably be fine. if you really want to participate in the community, lay low for a week or so, and then try again. its fine to disagree. you see difference of opinion in tons of threads around here, but they sure as hell don't look like the threads you started. everyone gets 2nd and 3rd and 4th chances here. you just have to show a little effort and things will turn around quite quickly for you.
perfect
2/23/2014 10:22 PM
12345 Next ▸
Where is the line? (thread locked, I believe) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.