Krzyzewski 2-a-day world - Need Coaches! Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
what is needed here is a two step plan

1. promote the product

IF fox cared, this product could be promoted.  On Fox web sites, now and then in fox sports coverage....promotions....use of the simulation for stories.  This would NOT be hard.  Connect the fox promotion effort to user promotion through social media and otherwise and it would be further leveraged.

With even modest promotion, the density of teams in existing worlds would increase, the experience would improve and the $$ would flow.

2. THEN, add a new world.

2/25/2014 9:03 AM
+1....I would join any new World 1 or 2 game a day.  However, it ain't gonna happen.  HD is not being supported now to the level that WIS would add another World.  Too many Worlds need filling, sorry.
2/25/2014 9:15 AM
I think the biggest problem is making it more possible to build lower level D1 programs. Just like in "real life", those blue blood programs have inherent advantages and coaches who can stay a long time if they are winning. What would make it still fun is being able to win at lower level D1 schools until the blue bloods open. 

To me, adding another world is not a good idea. There must be thousands of open jobs in all the various worlds at the various levels. In other words, the biggest problem with Hoops Dynasty is USAGE. I actually only found out about it by googling a college basketball game to kill time in the offseason. I never saw one advertisement of any kind about it. If they'd put some money into marketing and grow the usage first, then competition would go up and all the worlds would be more fun. It's just sad to see so many conferences empty. If anything, maybe they should eliminate a world to consolidate down and increase "density" as metsmax mentioned. 

Also I'm quite happy at D3 (I'm trying D2 now). I don't know that there is a groundswell of coaches upset they are not in D1. Maybe I'm wrong but most I run across prefer D3 anyway.
2/25/2014 5:45 PM
I've only been playing this game for like 2 years so I have not been in involved in the opening of a world before so i would defintaley be in as it would be a very fun race to the top
2/25/2014 6:19 PM
Promote the product, ramp up firings at high DI, make it easier to get a job that's gone Sim... but do not, under any circumstances, start a new world.
2/25/2014 7:16 PM
Posted by girt25 on 2/25/2014 7:37:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MyGeneration on 2/24/2014 9:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by girt25 on 2/24/2014 8:50:00 PM (view original):
NO.

Second. Worst. Idea. Ever.

(For those scoring at home, the worst is the one where they force veteran coaches into retirement.)

They know they made a tragic mistake by opening too many worlds, too fast in the first place. Not gonna happen again, thankfully.

Not surprised that longtimers or deeply entrenched Big 6 coaches might not see the attraction of a new world. They get to enjoy a superior gaming experience for the same nickel. A new world creates opportunities for others to join in the fun. If you don't limit the number of seasons someone can hog a program, you have to open a new world every so often. The worlds are empty at D1 now in part because of the unequal gaming experience.

Count me in.
I am actually surprised that someone who's been around for a little while wouldn't understand the landscape better.

Of course I comprehend that newer players would like an even chance at plum DI jobs. That's not a difficult concept.

But the (much, much) bigger picture problem is that it wrecks the game as a whole (see stine's post on this page and others). That's not a guess, it's a fact. We've seen it happen, and WIS won't let it happen again.

I understand the landscape. It's not trial lawyering or rocket surgery. If no maximum time limit is set on calling dibs on a particular program (firings do not address the problem of access to elite programs), then the solution is new worlds, even if they are empty. You disagree. I understand. Let's share a Coke and a smile.
2/25/2014 8:06 PM (edited)
NO.

(For those scoring at home, the worst is the one where they force veteran coaches into retirement.)

They know they made a tragic mistake by opening too many worlds, too fast in the first place. Not gonna happen again, thankfully.

Not surprised that longtimers or deeply entrenched Big 6 coaches might not see the attraction of a new world. They get to enjoy a superior gaming experience for the same nickel. A new world creates opportunities for others to join in the fun. If you don't limit the number of seasons someone can hog a program, you have to open a new world every so often. The worlds are empty at D1 now in part because of the unequal gaming experience.

Count me in.
I am actually surprised that someone who's been around for a little while wouldn't understand the landscape better.

Of course I comprehend that newer players would like an even chance at plum DI jobs. That's not a difficult concept.

But the (much, much) bigger picture problem is that it wrecks the game as a whole (see stine's post on this page and others). That's not a guess, it's a fact. We've seen it happen, and WIS won't let it happen again.

WIS won't let anything happen...like development chats, engine updates...
2/25/2014 8:18 PM
Posted by kbc167 on 2/25/2014 5:45:00 PM (view original):
I think the biggest problem is making it more possible to build lower level D1 programs. Just like in "real life", those blue blood programs have inherent advantages and coaches who can stay a long time if they are winning. What would make it still fun is being able to win at lower level D1 schools until the blue bloods open. 

To me, adding another world is not a good idea. There must be thousands of open jobs in all the various worlds at the various levels. In other words, the biggest problem with Hoops Dynasty is USAGE. I actually only found out about it by googling a college basketball game to kill time in the offseason. I never saw one advertisement of any kind about it. If they'd put some money into marketing and grow the usage first, then competition would go up and all the worlds would be more fun. It's just sad to see so many conferences empty. If anything, maybe they should eliminate a world to consolidate down and increase "density" as metsmax mentioned. 

Also I'm quite happy at D3 (I'm trying D2 now). I don't know that there is a groundswell of coaches upset they are not in D1. Maybe I'm wrong but most I run across prefer D3 anyway.
Agreed on your first paragraph. Slash the postseason cash that Big 6 get and make a few more ticks, to make prestige more dependent on team performance, rather than conference performance and you open up a higher chance of success for everyone that didn't have/want to jump the elite conferences.
2/25/2014 9:38 PM
Posted by cornfused on 2/25/2014 7:16:00 PM (view original):
Promote the product, ramp up firings at high DI, make it easier to get a job that's gone Sim... but do not, under any circumstances, start a new world.
+1. It's what has been said and agreed upon numerous times over the past two years that I have been here. Do not start a new world, but fill up the ones we have.
2/25/2014 9:54 PM
The only way I support a new world is if you close one, and open one with the 'new' landscape of CBB.  Now, of course, I don't think any world wouldn't have unhappy people about it's closing...

But in reality, as long as you can get D3 jobs hours before recruiting, we don't need more worlds.

2/25/2014 10:14 PM
Posted by MyGeneration on 2/25/2014 8:06:00 PM (view original):
NO.

Count me in.

I understand the landscape. It's not trial lawyering or rocket surgery. If no maximum time limit is set on calling dibs on a particular program (firings do not address the problem of access to elite programs), then the solution is new worlds, even if they are empty. You disagree. I understand. Let's share a Coke and a smile.
There is not a critical lack of access to strong BCS programs. Jobs come open all the time, and sometimes they even go unfilled.

Creating additional worlds has been shown to cause major problems within the game; while it would make some people momentarily happy, to create more worlds in the name of attempting to solve a problem that isn't acute doesn't make good sense for the overall health of HD.

But I will still take you up on the Coke and a smile.

2/26/2014 12:28 AM
◂ Prev 123
Krzyzewski 2-a-day world - Need Coaches! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.