How many teams/worlds are too much? Topic

I have 4 teams, and put full effort into 2 of them. It's hard to find that balance between wanting to add more and more and also not burning yourself out. 4 seems to be my number.
3/2/2014 1:03 PM (edited)
Posted by fanon on 3/1/2014 6:59:00 AM (view original):
Besides the obvious cost, how many teams/worlds are too much for folks? Part of the temptation here is so many choices. I've got four D3 teams at the moment and still trying to build a consistent winner and having fun.
When James Thurber said the following about martinis he could very well have been speaking about this topic:

"One martini is all right. Two are too many, and three are not enough." - James Thurber 
3/2/2014 5:46 PM
Some have 13 teams really? Wow. Can't even imagine.
3/3/2014 6:47 AM
i believe tracyr holds the record with a max of something like 27 teams...
3/5/2014 4:53 AM
Posted by MyGeneration on 3/2/2014 5:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by fanon on 3/1/2014 6:59:00 AM (view original):
Besides the obvious cost, how many teams/worlds are too much for folks? Part of the temptation here is so many choices. I've got four D3 teams at the moment and still trying to build a consistent winner and having fun.
When James Thurber said the following about martinis he could very well have been speaking about this topic:

"One martini is all right. Two are too many, and three are not enough." - James Thurber 
For good coaches, more teams actually makes the game cheaper. When I had 9 teams, I had my d3/d2 teams support the cost of building up my D1 programs. 
3/5/2014 10:21 AM
When the SIM f-ks you over, sometimes 1 team is too much
3/5/2014 10:33 AM
Posted by mullycj on 3/5/2014 10:33:00 AM (view original):
When the SIM f-ks you over, sometimes 1 team is too much
That's why you want more teams. Law of large numbers. 
3/5/2014 11:25 AM
My limit is 5, which is where I'm at. I'm sure it's different for everyone, due to finances and free time. 
3/5/2014 11:40 AM
I am at 4 D2 teams. I am retired.  I give full attention to all. Takes a lot of time. It appears to be my limit. Probably 3 is ideal. I've been trying to get there for a number of seasons. I have 2 I wouldn't give up and 2 I can't make a decision between. The HD bug is embedded in me now.
3/6/2014 11:01 AM
Four is my comfort zone, primarily since I like playing in all three two-a-day worlds.
3/8/2014 1:05 AM
◂ Prev 12
How many teams/worlds are too much? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.