OT- Coaching Carousel Topic

Tennessee-Martin is expected to announce that Hearth Schroyer will be their new coach. An assistant at UNLV, he was formerly the head coach at Portland St. and Wyoming
3/19/2014 4:45 AM
Lamar has hired Tic Price. He replaced Pat Knight and went 1-4 down the stretch. He was previously the head coach at McNeese St., New Orleans, and Memphis
3/19/2014 10:36 AM
Posted by alblack56 on 3/19/2014 10:36:00 AM (view original):
Lamar has hired Tic Price. He replaced Pat Knight and went 1-4 down the stretch. He was previously the head coach at McNeese St., New Orleans, and Memphis
I can't believe someone else is going to pay him to represent their school.
3/19/2014 10:38 AM
Posted by alblack56 on 3/19/2014 4:45:00 AM (view original):
Tennessee-Martin is expected to announce that Hearth Schroyer will be their new coach. An assistant at UNLV, he was formerly the head coach at Portland St. and Wyoming

As someone who was forced to watch Schroyer's teams at Wyoming, I send my sympathies to UT-M fans. The good news is you've got a coach that takes APR seriously. The bad news is you'll be lucky to sniff a .500 conference record while watching the most vanilla basketball imaginable.

3/19/2014 10:46 AM
Lewis Preston is done at Kennesaw St. He took a leave absence in  January for 'medical and personal' reasons.  Now he and the school have parted ways.  Kennesaw was 3-25 and finished last in the Altantic Sun in each of his 3 seasons. 
3/20/2014 4:01 AM
Shouldn't have fired Tony Ingle. He was inspirational and successful. So he lost hold of the academic piece, but come on, it's Kennesaw State. Does it really matter?
3/20/2014 4:30 AM
Jeff Bzdekik is out at Wake Forest

Jimmy Lallathin is in at Kennesaw State. He's been their interim coach since January
3/20/2014 7:20 PM
Nice! Played at Marietta.
3/20/2014 10:23 PM
Former UConn coach Jim Calhoun has significant interest in the vacant Boston College opening, multiple sources told ESPN.
3/21/2014 12:35 PM
I like Calhoun. Would be great to see him back in college hoops.
3/21/2014 12:42 PM
Buzz Williams to VPI. Yeah...I don't get that one. 
3/21/2014 7:04 PM

Exerpts from an article in the 'Milwaukee Journal Sentinel':

Marc Marotta, a former Marquette basketball star, prominent supporter of the basketball program and chairman of the BMO Harris Bradley Center board of directors, said Friday that Buzz Williams' decision to leave for Virginia Tech was a mistake.

"For him to leave Marquette is one of the most idiotic moves I've ever seen anyone make," Marotta said. "I like Buzz but this is a move that is inexplicable."

"There is not one good reason for him to leave to go to that program. That job is a dead end. It's a bad move," Marotta said.

"To me it's obvious Buzz felt that he wasn't getting the kind of love he was used to getting," Marotta said. "If coaches feel like they aren't loved, they get upset. That was the case here. I'm sure people were unhappy with the season. But these guys have big egos and they want to have them stroked."

But Williams, he said, was leaving with Marquette in a defensive posture. Father Robert Wild is serving as president in an interim capacity, replacing Father Scott Pilarz who resigned. And former athletic director Larry Williams stepped down after clashes with Williams, and was replaced on an interim basis by Bill Cords, a former Marquette athletic director.

"We've been caught a little bit with our guard down in some very key positions," Marotta said of Wild and Cords. "I'm not blaming them. They should be commended for coming back."

The university is facing additional challenges as well. The top academic leader, John Pauly, stepped down last year, and the position continues to be filled on an interim basis by Margaret Callahan. And last month, Marquette announced it was reducing staffing by 105 positions, which included laying off 25 people immediately.

3/22/2014 5:11 AM
I know he was not happy with the administration, so I understand him leaving, but good lord man, why Virginia Tech? 
3/22/2014 5:57 AM
Another issue for Williams is that he felt, with the loss of Louisville, Syracuse and Pitt, that the Big East would sink to mid-major status.  Hopefully, the Big East can expand and select St. Louis and Dayton, both of which expressed an interest last season.

That would allow the Big East to split into two divisions with a West group of St. Louis, Dayton, DePaul, Xavier and Creighton
3/22/2014 6:41 AM
Well, he's gonna see more than he wants to of Louisville, Syracuse, and Pitt now, I think.
3/22/2014 1:11 PM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10|11...20 Next ▸
OT- Coaching Carousel Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.