High School Recruit patterns? Topic

Has anyone ever looked into whether the distribution of high school recruits is evenly divided between the four offenses and three defenses or whether they favor one over the others? Particularly at the D1 level.

I'm thinking about changing my offense and wonder whether a wider pool of players is available (and therefore quicker to get up to speed) in one particular offense.
3/15/2014 8:34 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Unfortunately, WIS EEs too many of my guys after two years, three years at the most, so its necessary.
3/15/2014 11:17 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.

Yet, the tumor is still hanging around.

3/16/2014 10:20 AM
Posted by lmschwarz on 3/15/2014 8:34:00 PM (view original):
Has anyone ever looked into whether the distribution of high school recruits is evenly divided between the four offenses and three defenses or whether they favor one over the others? Particularly at the D1 level.

I'm thinking about changing my offense and wonder whether a wider pool of players is available (and therefore quicker to get up to speed) in one particular offense.
I don't think anyone has.
3/16/2014 11:30 AM
Posted by lmschwarz on 3/15/2014 8:34:00 PM (view original):

i believe the offenses are evenly divided between the four offenses while the defenses are evenly divided between the five (zone, man, press, zone/press, man/press), which gives press teams a slight advantage on the defensive IQ front.
3/16/2014 12:10 PM
thanks asher413 and gillispie1.
3/16/2014 12:48 PM
I charted this a few years back out of morbid curiosity. Obviously I can't claim a comprehensive study as there are way more high schools than I sent out coach calls to in assembling a data set. The offense breakdown was trending toward balanced distribution of the types. Defensively, it was easier to find press defenders because of the presence of hybrid zone/press and man/press teams, making press a component of three of the five unique defensive types to the game.
3/17/2014 11:39 AM
High School Recruit patterns? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.