Coming back to HD after ~25 seasons Topic

Hi guys, i'm coming back after an extended break from HD and im looking for a quick refesher. I havent "Seriously" played since i think season 36 so i'm sure some things have changed since then. Ive been reading on here alot but any help or crash course advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks a ton guys, its great to be back!
3/21/2014 12:52 PM
a lot has changed I did it too less than a year ago. good luck! recruiting is a lot harder and the potential is nice. there are forum pages of getting into the swing of things again......I wouldnt take a crap team to start over with go for a decent team
3/21/2014 2:10 PM
Ive already taken a job a rhodes where i coached for 13 seasons previously. I have 9 open spots so im curious how exactly recruiting has changed? Also is there an offense/defense that seems to work particularly well in the current engine? Im planning on running motion but defensively im not sure yet.
3/21/2014 2:19 PM
Posted by matt58vt on 3/21/2014 2:19:00 PM (view original):
Ive already taken a job a rhodes where i coached for 13 seasons previously. I have 9 open spots so im curious how exactly recruiting has changed? Also is there an offense/defense that seems to work particularly well in the current engine? Im planning on running motion but defensively im not sure yet.
Not an expert, so I will take the easy one and let others give finer points -- with 9 open spots, you only received recruiting budget for 6, and you can only sign 6 FR (however, if you have money available, you can sign 3 upperclassmen so long as it does not create more than 6 in that upper class). 

Advice that you can take/leave -- I would not even start recruiting (not even FSS) until the cycle after signing. Do a basic search of possible D2, call them to see if back up status, but do nothing more until after signings

3/21/2014 6:06 PM
unless you plan to run the press, consider taking 1-2 walkons this first season. as noted above, you're already short-changed on budget (money for 6 + your conference $), so it'll be enough of a challenge to get 7 good recruits. taking the 1-2 walkons won't hurt the development of your team, plus you'll then have the chance to get the extra 1-2  players next season when you're back in the swing of things. the offenses/defenses can all be used effectively if you recruit the right talent for each one. read up on what attributes are best for motion and whatever defense you land on. good luck!
3/22/2014 6:50 PM
I would not wait until after signings to start recruiting. I would go for it right away. I would read the part in the forums about "Pull Downs". Look for D2 players and make one call. See which ones are backup options for you.
3/22/2014 7:44 PM
Thanks a ton so far guys. *Knock on wood* i was able to pull down some solid players and i managed to hit the guys i wanted early and get them interested. I think i am going to stick with the press because its something ive never ran in the past and i'm going to give it a try. Ive been recruiting with speed, stamina. And defense strongly in mind, correct me if im wrong but it seems those are most important in a press (aside from any offensive skills).
3/22/2014 8:48 PM
Coming back to HD after ~25 seasons Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.