I have always ran motion and I am thinking about trying flex. I will be running press and flex. I am pretty sure I know how to recruit the players to fit my system but if you have any advice I would love to hear it. My main question is how you set the distribution. I am assuming it is different than motion. (Division I level) Thanks in advance!
3/26/2014 8:52 PM
I run flex/fcp with my Creighton team in Wooden. Flex primary like Per shooters. You don't really need your big men to be scorers, just def and rebounders.  I even recruit my PF high in PER.  So to answer your question.  Distro your best Per guys.
3/27/2014 9:14 AM
Posted by bk41129 on 3/26/2014 8:53:00 PM (view original):
I have always ran motion and I am thinking about trying flex. I will be running press and flex. I am pretty sure I know how to recruit the players to fit my system but if you have any advice I would love to hear it. My main question is how you set the distribution. I am assuming it is different than motion. (Division I level) Thanks in advance!
Recruit SPD/SPD/SPD with that combination.
Make sure your 3(SF) and 4(PF) guys have some SPD/P/PER ratings.

For distro, all depends on match-ups, but balanced scoring is the most important thing in flex.  5 good scorers work better than 2 very good scorers and 3 average ones.
3/27/2014 1:11 PM
Posted by grantduck on 3/27/2014 1:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bk41129 on 3/26/2014 8:53:00 PM (view original):
Recruit SPD/SPD/SPD with that combination.
Make sure your 3(SF) and 4(PF) guys have some SPD/P/PER ratings.

For distro, all depends on match-ups, but balanced scoring is the most important thing in flex.  5 good scorers work better than 2 very good scorers and 3 average ones.
That's interesting... I think I've read the exact opposite here - that one or two high-distro scorers will work best in the flex as opposed to the other offenses.
3/27/2014 2:04 PM
I agree with llamanunts. ATH trumps SP for FCP.  U need ATH, DEF, ST, and IQ for FCP. For offense balance is not good. Flex likes to shoot Per, don't need scoring from big men.
3/27/2014 5:11 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.