Longest Post-Season Streak Topic

Just wondering if anyone knows what the longest post-season streak is for any coach/team in any world is. 

In Knight, cagefan has taken Chicago to the post-season (PI or NT) every season from season 11 to season 69, and knowing his talent that streak likely isn't going to end anytime soon. 

I'm sure there might be longer streaks, but I was looking at school records and Chicago's astounding 60 NT bids in 69 seasons caught my attention. They've made the post-season 63 of those 69 seasons. An astonishing 60 NT appearances and only 3 PI appearances. 

Anyone know of any teams with a better NT percentage/post-season percentage or post-season streak? Are there still any teams at DII/DIII in any world that have NEVER missed the post-season? 
3/29/2014 10:36 AM
http://www.whatifsports.com/hd/TeamProfile/History.aspx?tid=6587
3/29/2014 11:02 AM
i like looking at streaks too.  but, and i hope this doesnt come accross as snobish or uppity, but i personally put zero  value on PIT appearances.  so, instead of postseaon appearances,  i really like to focus on NT streaks.

my rationale is like this:
1)  for the coaches who have anything more than 6 or 8 NT apperances in a row,  a PIT is an absolute failed season and really not much different than a 150rpi season,  both are failures.
2)  while NC titles are obviously the ultimate barometer for great coaches...i value NT streaks right up there with it.  

this whole thread is kind of a sore subject for me.  i recently took over at greensboro-tark and they had a 52 season NT streak,  and a 17 season streak of making round2.   my first season?  you guessed it... PIT.  I honestly feel like i should have been fired or at least job in jeopardy.
3/29/2014 11:38 AM
I won 12 straight conference titles at one time in Crum, and currently on another 6 CT winning streak.  probably not all that impressive for a ghost conference though
3/29/2014 11:45 AM
I have a nine-year CT winning streak in Crum right now, which I'm pretty proud of. The conference is getting tougher every day though, so I wouldn't be surprised to see it end soon. 

Also had a really nice Elite Eight streak going until a nasty NT upset took it from me. In the last eight seasons, we've had seven Elite Eight appearances, three Final Fours, two CGs, one title. . . and one second round exit. But jsajsa had an even better Elite Eight streak at the same time in the same world. He had 12 Elite Eights in a row, including ten Final Fours and six titles. 
3/29/2014 11:55 AM
DVC in Crum has been there every season from 11 to 66 and counting. Close to Chicago, not quite to Transylvania!

We're down to counting sweet sixteen and top 10 RPI streaks after getting RNG'd with what was actually one of our better teams! Should have 5-peated the NT but that's another story. :(
3/29/2014 9:02 PM (edited)
Sheesh, it's not like you lost to a bad team Jsa ;-)
3/29/2014 9:52 PM
I'm at 20 and counting for consecutive NT appearances at St. Mary's TX in D2 Iba, and with as tough as D2 Iba is and my conference is (the Heartland), I'm pretty pleased with the streak.  We've also finished in the top 10 in the rankings and RPI for the last 10 seasons and have stayed at A+ prestige for the last 17 and counting.  My conference has gotten tough enough that I fully expect the streak to come to an end at some point.  Just too many good coaches who know how to build programs to keep this up forever.
3/29/2014 9:58 PM
As was mentioned by olddave, my Transylvania team (Iba)  has made either the PIT (7 times) or the NT (63 times) every season of the game. I've been the only coach.  I'm sure one of 2-a-day worlds will eventually surpass that. 

In Wooden, I have a 47-year streak of NTs with Mars Hill. I'm currently #62 on the projection list so that streak may end this week.

In Rupp, my Bowie St. team has also made the NT in 47 consecutive seasons and, including one PIT, has played in post-season for the last 58 seasons. 

In Smith, I have a 57-season streak, including the PIT, going with Kentucky State.
3/30/2014 4:21 AM (edited)
Posted by yanks250125 on 3/29/2014 11:45:00 AM (view original):
I won 12 straight conference titles at one time in Crum, and currently on another 6 CT winning streak.  probably not all that impressive for a ghost conference though
In Iba, vandydave (Delaware Valley) has won his conference in 32 of the last 33 seasons
3/30/2014 4:24 AM
Posted by oldave on 3/29/2014 11:38:00 AM (view original):
i like looking at streaks too.  but, and i hope this doesnt come accross as snobish or uppity, but i personally put zero  value on PIT appearances.  so, instead of postseaon appearances,  i really like to focus on NT streaks.

my rationale is like this:
1)  for the coaches who have anything more than 6 or 8 NT apperances in a row,  a PIT is an absolute failed season and really not much different than a 150rpi season,  both are failures.
2)  while NC titles are obviously the ultimate barometer for great coaches...i value NT streaks right up there with it.  

this whole thread is kind of a sore subject for me.  i recently took over at greensboro-tark and they had a 52 season NT streak,  and a 17 season streak of making round2.   my first season?  you guessed it... PIT.  I honestly feel like i should have been fired or at least job in jeopardy.
I think some PI appearances are impressive, especially if your ratio is something like 4 NT for every PI. It's obviously a down year for those coaches but that'll happen every once in awhile, even good coaches have down years every once in a while especially if they are in a strong conference. But if their down year still includes post season play thats pretty impressive.
3/30/2014 10:49 AM
I wouldn't think otherwise, milwood. :)

mikvitu, I completely disagree. To me, any season where if I were to make the PI with a roster of only my own players would be an epic disappointment. 
3/30/2014 1:01 PM
Longest Post-Season Streak Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.