"out of reach" in the postseason Topic

I generally rest my starters when either winning or losing during the regular season when the game is "out of reach" (even though I don't know how that is defined).

I am curious, do you guys take that setting off during the tournaments?
4/9/2014 2:22 PM
nope, but maybe if I was trying to set some stat record with a player that was a senior or whatever.
4/9/2014 2:50 PM
I do it when I remember to.
4/9/2014 2:52 PM
i take it off if we are winning. why not pad the stats a little with the hope of setting some records? (and as silly as it may sound, i leave it on if we are losing because the players don't deserve a reward when they don't perform well.)
4/9/2014 2:52 PM
I'm the opposite...I have it set to take the starters out if we're winning and the game is out of reach (I've had a second-team All-American go down in the postseason with injury...no need to tempt the Random Number gods' sense of irony in a 35-point blowout). If we're losing and it's out of reach, I tell my starters to get out there and fight because we can't always win in life, but we can always lay it all on the line for a cause. It's a "life lesson" moment for me that I hope they'll take with them after they graduate...
4/9/2014 3:54 PM
i dont ever take them out because i don't know how deep feedback goes and i don't want to have a kid go 0-7 then sit him when we are losing if he would have gone 5-6 in the second half to "normalize"
4/9/2014 4:26 PM
"out of reach" in the postseason Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.