So I'm new to Hoops Dynasty and one thing I'm curious about is which world to start in. Not sure if I want to enter a world where everyone is already established or not but I don't want to enter a world with just AI either ... Suggestions?
4/10/2014 12:49 AM
As far as I know pretty much every world is the same (ish) coaches wise. Theres good ones and bad ones everywhere so I would focus more on either picking a world that starts soon (my preference), or has a really good team available (that should make your first season easier). Also how many games per day is probably the biggest decision, I think 2 is good for a new coach since you'll probably want to check often anyway.
4/10/2014 1:09 AM
Agree...the number of games per day (1 vs. 2) is probably the biggest decision, unless you have specific strong ties to some D3 school and want to make certain you get THAT school. I haven't seen an all-worlds post lately, but just from messages I see when worlds roll to a new season, my impression is that most of the worlds are roughly equal in terms of openings at D3.
4/10/2014 1:22 AM
I am pretty sure Naismith is the most populated of the D3 worlds. It is just about to start a new season. In my experience it is very hard to leave a program that you've built, so I'd pick a world based on potential for long term enjoyment, not just one with more SIMs so you can win sooner.
4/10/2014 5:43 AM
Naismith and Wooden are both very full and very tough at the D3 level. Rupp is pretty tough too, I'd say. But none of them are either slam-full or embarrassingly empty. And you can have fun in a relatively empty world as long as you're in a good conference. 

For someone new, I'd say the best balance is to find a job in a mostly full but geographically spread out conference. For instance, my first job was Maryville in the Ohio Conference in Crum. There were 6-7 humans in that conference (and are now even more), but Maryville was far enough away from the other ones that I really didn't butt heads in recruiting too often. The University Conference is often a good choice for this, if it has enough people in it. It's relatively spread out. But it really does depend on where the humans are and where they aren't. I can't tell you where all the best spots in every world are. The only D3 conference I'm in with beginner-friendly openings is probably the USA South in Smith, but you'd have to wait until May for that one to roll over. 

But if you're the sort of person who really likes doing this kind of research for yourself instead of just picking a job in a decently full conference, you can check out the map of D3 schools and cross-reference with the job openings to see which conferences are more full and which are less full. The ideal, to make it fun and make recruiting a bit easier, is to be in a more full conference but with a bunch of relatively empty conferences in your immediate geographic vicinity. 
4/10/2014 10:49 AM
I think the game is fun when you coach with other humans in the same conference. 
So when you look for a team, you should see if it's a relatively full conference.

How do you know? When you come upon a list to pick your team, just pick a team from a conference from which very few other teams are available - also a team with better prestige rating would be good as well. 

4/10/2014 12:15 PM
We have one team available in the North Coast Athletic Conference in Naismith. It is The Denison Red Raiders. They have recently been coached by a human so there is a good base to start with. Here is the link to the team. We would love to have you join us. http://www.whatifsports.com/hd/TeamProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=2843

4/10/2014 4:15 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.