colonels19 presents - THE PHELAN HALL OF FAME Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
congratulations getting in the 1ooo wins club.
4/11/2014 11:01 PM
I only have 932 wins but majority of my victories came at the D1 level
4/11/2014 11:05 PM
I've had over 1000 wins in Knight for several seasons now, and that is nothing like a HOF resume...
4/12/2014 4:27 AM
trevor have there ever been more than 2 or 3 coaches in Mt Olive's conference? I mean, no offense or anything, but racking up 12-14 wins against crappy sims in conference every season for 40 seasons isn't really HOF material. You've got 32 NT appearances, and 28 wins to go with them, so that's nearly averaging a win per appearance, which ain't bad but it aint HOF worthy IMHO

ETA: but since as far as I know there isn't really a Phelan HOF, I guess if you build it you can put yourself in it...
4/12/2014 5:15 AM
Posted by colonels19 on 4/12/2014 2:43:00 PM (view original):
beg for your entry
to grant that I would need to be part of the selection committee. As founder you'll have to fill those positions first, I'd expect. Although I'd need to see some kind of proposal or something. Oohh..it could be like the NFL where someone has to speak for the nominee and make a little presentation or something. I think there is danishes involved maybe?
4/12/2014 3:14 PM
Quote post by dacj501 on 4/12/2014 5:16:00 AM:
racking up 12-14 wins against crappy sims in conference every season for 40 seasons isn't really HOF material.

+1. now, with this in mind, i hope coaches will appreciate why those of us trying to build the SUNYAC in tark (and decide to come join us!), even though 4 of the 5 coaches in the conference can probably make the NT every season! not much of a challenge beating up on the sims...
4/13/2014 3:23 PM (edited)
Ahhh shaddap
4/13/2014 3:35 PM
Sully, those of you left in the SUNYAC would be better off joining USA South or University. Maybe give N Coast a run for top conference
4/14/2014 12:55 AM
I'll ask the coaches in my conference if they would leave. If they don't want to, I'm content with the program I'm building. I don't mind leaving though if it means building something better.
4/14/2014 8:51 AM
Looks down. Waves.
4/14/2014 1:36 PM
I'd love to be in a stacked conference, and the conference that I've been in for almost 20 seasons was populated by a lot more coaches when I joined. I am the only coach that's stayed. Now, I've done my best to schedule tough out-of-conference so my strength of sched doesn't keep me out of the top RPI's in my world...but, I think that it's a cheap hit to kill a coach for playing in a conference that's not heavily populated.

I'm not saying that colonels belongs in the HOF, but he can't control who stays and goes in his conference any more than I can control who stays and goes in mine.
4/14/2014 3:14 PM
no need to beg...I'm obviously in.  my 2 NTs are looking down and waving at colonels and arssanguinus
4/14/2014 5:57 PM
123 Next ▸
colonels19 presents - THE PHELAN HALL OF FAME Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.