Hey guys first year back from a long layoff. Is future Stars "worth" it ? Have two open scholarships open. IM a bad Hilbert team in Knight. In GD I try to just get the best locals so figure id buy NY state but if its not worth it I wont. 
4/13/2014 10:23 PM
You have to have it as it's the easiest (and cheapest) way to find the potentials of local kids. FSS won't tell you low-high or high-high on the blue potentials (only scouting visits will do that), but it's a great way to target the top tier local guys or even the hidden gems in other nearby states after signings have started.
4/13/2014 10:31 PM
SO should I just stick to the one state or whats the typcal suggestion 
4/13/2014 10:36 PM
when I have 1 or 2 open schollies in D2 or D3, I normally FSS either 1 or 2 states...I do more if I have more open 'ships, but that is classified information ;)
4/13/2014 10:52 PM
Being in a high-cost state at D3 with 1-2 schollies is a tough spot to be because if you buy the state, you really don't have the money to fight off battles if someone else jumps in on the same kid as you (and if you're in the Northeast, the odds of that are good due to the sheer number of teams/coaches in the region). Another option is to just wait until signings start when the values for states drop and then you can buy a few extra local states and grab the hidden gems that slipped through the cracks.
4/14/2014 12:24 AM

Yeah I would suggest waiting it out until signings or as late as you can and future star either two close states that are cheap or just New York. I actually took a D3 team in in New York recently so from my experience I would say, either New York or Pennsylvania are the two best for a big state, but Michigan was the one I ended up going with (I actually am in a great part of NY in my opinion). 

You just don't want to overextend your cash too soon but there's plenty of good talent you can get late, even if they end up being a redshirt guy this year.

4/14/2014 1:13 AM
When I have 1-2 schollies and I'm in a high-cost state, I usually avoid my state altogether.

I wait until after signings, then try to target guys across the country who meet what I'm looking for in terms of position need and core ratings. Then I FSS the cheapest of those states and hope to hit gold with a high-upside player. It almost always works. As aejones mentioned in his D3 guide and others have talked about, there's a ton of great talent sitting there after signings start, esp in remote states. The worst case is you don't find anyone worth filling your last spot, and you take a walk-on and try again next year (when you probably have more schollies / money anyway).
4/14/2014 2:05 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.