Playing against the Fastbreak/press Topic

Just wondering how people play against the fastbreak/press combo. Or even in general just press, I've had moderate success against it but I haven't found an offensive strategy that works. My main questions are what should my play dist look like? Defensivily should I look more + or -? My thought is - to takeway layups and stuff like that and force them to out shoot me. I've have success against all other defenses but it seems that the fastbreak press my team falls to pieces. I currently run the motion/man slowdown offense.

Thanks everyone! http://whatifsports.com/hd/TeamProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=5848

4/15/2014 2:18 PM
Go with what your normal distro is, but be less scared to really load up on a guy or 2 if they're clearly your best players (since FCP can't double). That's a big vulnerability that people sometimes don't take advantage of. As for +/-, that really depends on the team you're playing against.

Slowdown is definitely the way to go though. The slowdown affects the game far more dramatically than up tempo does.
4/15/2014 3:18 PM
Agreed depends on team with +/- settings. I'd also like to add that the press in general has a difficult time defending great BH players - teams that have good FT shooters can prosper against the press as well. The problem I run into and some may disagree - but I notice the FB/FCP combo really seems to tire out my guys more than any other set. Most say opponent tempo doesn't affect your team's stamina but I really believe that FB does affect opponent stamina - whether it's a result of tempo or not idk - but the offensive set seems to tire my guys.
4/15/2014 3:24 PM
I've got 3 main scorers at PG SG and PF and some other guys that can contribute so my distrubution goes to those 3 and than varies from there. Typically about 20/20/20 then I dish the last 40 around. Im going to try to - next time and see if I can take away the interior and force them to out shoot me when I have 2 guys that are solid from behind the arc.
4/15/2014 3:29 PM
Playing against the Fastbreak/press Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.