Recruiting - can you go from behind to signed? Topic

Here is a possibly stupid question that I have always wondered about. Once signings have opened, can a team that is trailing in a recruiting battle dump a bunch of money into a player and get them to sign the very next cycle? Or will there always be a cycle in between? To put it another way - is it possible to lose a recruit when his last scholarship message said you were ahead?

The reason I ask is that on several occasions, when I have been winning a battle, I've put a little more money into him before the typical 11 AM battle-ending cycle. The goal being to stave off any potential last minute push from the opponent. I'm wondering if this is actually accomplishing anything, or just wasting my carryover for the next season.
4/15/2014 8:58 PM
Never seen it happen, always a cycle to give the other team or teams a chance to counter.
4/15/2014 9:42 PM
Excellent. I figured that was more likely. Thanks for your help.
4/15/2014 10:08 PM
I've seen it happen if the other team runs out of 'ships
4/15/2014 10:26 PM
Recruiting - can you go from behind to signed? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.