Halftime Adjustments Topic

Newbie here. I feel like the halftime adjustments my team makes are pretty hit or miss. I have had some games where the 2nd half swings 15pts in my favor, others (like today) where the adjustment seems to backfire. Any one have any advice?
4/18/2014 7:09 AM
Insider information...I put mine to never
4/18/2014 7:31 AM
I only adjust if trailing by 5 points or more.  Or, if I'm a big underdog, I may use 10 points or more.

If I'm leading at the half, I want to continue with the same defense.   

Basicly, I ask myself, "What halftime score would be satisfactory in this game?" 
4/18/2014 8:02 AM
I set tempo to "never" because I didn't like the deadly switch to uptempo at halftime against opponents who were clearly superior to my team.

Positioning I have set to trailing by 5 or more. There have been a couple times where I haven't followed the logic as to why the change that was made actually got made, but generally I can understand why my initial positioning was tweaked by the machine.

4/18/2014 8:34 AM
Posted by uncnick157 on 4/18/2014 7:09:00 AM (view original):
Newbie here. I feel like the halftime adjustments my team makes are pretty hit or miss. I have had some games where the 2nd half swings 15pts in my favor, others (like today) where the adjustment seems to backfire. Any one have any advice?
Most likely has nothing to do with your halttime adjustment and more to do with the engine "correcting" itself in the 2nd half of games.
4/18/2014 12:21 PM
Halftime Adjustments Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.