How come you cannot keep a walk-on? Topic

I have never had this happened, but I would love to offer both Walk-ons on the Mercer roster (Rupp), a scholarship. Just accepted the job as a new coach, and now can see potentials too.

They are normally awful players.  However in this case they are both pretty good, and still have plenty of growth room available (blue potential).  How come new coaches are not even offered the chance to keep a player that has walked on?  I am confused as to even why the "offer scholarship" tab is listed, if it means nothing!
4/20/2014 8:23 AM
One reason would be if you have more than 6 players in one class
4/20/2014 8:41 AM
Those are two of the best walkons I have ever seen for any team.
4/20/2014 8:47 AM
Same here...and with potential!  I put in s Support Ticket, because I don't see a why explained in either help, or FAQ
4/20/2014 9:00 AM
Possibly because the season has already ended.
4/20/2014 9:26 AM
ya - you wont have them when the season rolls over

Think about it man!!!!
4/20/2014 9:28 AM
Some guy in my conf schollied a walkon...I joked with another conference mate about it lol.
4/20/2014 10:30 AM
Those 2 guys aren't that good btw...if you can't recruit 2 guys better than that, then you're seriously lacking in the game.
4/20/2014 10:32 AM
I don't think those walk-ons should be the norm...or even a regular occurrence, but we should definitely see more walk-ons like that. you have to figure some high schoolers didn't make teams for one reason or another or just didn't develop despite their potential, etc so these gems are out there waiting to be found at campuses. Again, not regular or the norm...just every now and then where it's not a freak happening that no coach has ever seen before.
4/20/2014 10:36 AM
My best guess is you waited to long to try and keep them?
4/20/2014 10:39 AM
Here is the walk-on that was kept in my conference...note the ****** ratings and how the WE jumped 35 to100...

http://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=0&pid=2731632

4/20/2014 10:50 AM
And yeah, moreover...you're way too late on this.  Your world's season ended on 4-18-14 AM...it's 4-20-14...you can scholly a walk-on at any time during the season, just not after the world has turned over.
4/20/2014 10:52 AM
He's a new coach to the team colonels, so he had no chance in the season. What he is saying is, that as a new coach coming in he should have that option. The players aren't great, but depending on where the high potential is, they can be very serviceable for a D prestige team. Depending on the surrounding talent pool he may not be able to get better players, especially depending on potential
4/20/2014 8:25 PM
I know the player isn't very good and better players can be recruited... but those are still two of the best walkons I have seen for any team. I have taken multiple walkons at high D1 and haven't had any player even near there. 
4/20/2014 9:56 PM
I wanted to do the same thing when I first got to low D1.  The AD won't let you cut below 3 players, but the 3rd best player to keep was a walk-on!  The recruit had a couple core categories that were blue and a couple more black.  I imagine that the thought never crossed the game designer's minds that it might make sense to keep one of those players on a team that you're taking over.  
4/20/2014 10:34 PM
12 Next ▸
How come you cannot keep a walk-on? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.