I've heard of some spreadsheets and/or programs that you can input your teams/players ratings and it will help you to determine the best options for starting lineups, match-ups against opponents, etc. Does anyone know of these documents and could send me a link of where I can find them?
4/20/2014 2:04 PM
While various coaches undoubtedly have spreadsheets like that, I'd encourage you to develop your own ways of rating players for each position.  From reading forum threads you probably have some idea of which traits are important for each position.  In my case, I have formulas for rating players as point guards on offense, guards from both a scoring and a defending perspective, small forwards, and big men.  I compute them for my players at the start of the season to get an idea of my best lineup options; I'll usually compute them again about halfway through a season, then again right before postseason play begins.

I'm not discouraging you from seeking advice; in fact, I have mentored several coaches on the site and would be happy to answer specific questions if you send them my way.  But I have never offered exact formulas to anyone, only general discussions about what traits are important at each spot.  It will mean more to you and allow you to develop your own style if you come up with your own tools for this kind of thing.  Plus, who knows, you might discover some interesting way to be very successful that will be unique to your teams.

Good luck!

4/20/2014 7:21 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.