Signing D2 Drop Down or Pull Down Question Topic

I realize in the grand scheme of things this actually means very little.  Such as the listed height of a player.

But I have noticed something that when I scout players before and during recruiting I will see certain players under the D1 filter.  When I sign them, I can only see under search with the D2 filter as a signee.

Were these actually D1 pull downs or drop downs that once sign with a D2 program show up as D2, or are these actual D2 caliber players that I only see as D1 because my "vision" is so poor?  I also noticed the same for my D3 team recently where I would search using the D2 filter, etc, etc....you get the picture.

And of a similar vein, a Transfer Player that played at a D1 program, shows up as a D2 player in search.  Was this player a D2 quality player that was signed as D1 player?  And what about the D2 Transfer that shows up as a D1 player in search....is this a former pulldown or dropdown player?
4/23/2014 10:31 AM
Were these actually D1 pull downs or drop downs that once sign with a D2 program show up as D2, or are these actual D2 caliber players that I only see as D1 because my "vision" is so poor?  I also noticed the same for my D3 team recently where I would search using the D2 filter, etc, etc....you get the picture.
The search you see is from your perspective only.  If you have pulled a recruit down, he will move from your D1 list to your D2 list.  If he was listed as D1 for me and I haven't pulled him down (and he hasn't dropped on his own) he'll still be on my D1 list.  Same player, different levels for different coaches because you affected his attitude toward your school.  Now, say we're exactly the same prestige, etc. etc., and the guy drops to both of us at the same time?  We'll both see him on the D1 list before and the D2 list after.
And of a similar vein, a Transfer Player that played at a D1 program, shows up as a D2 player in search.  Was this player a D2 quality player that was signed as D1 player?
Again, it's from your school's perspective.  You view the guy as a D2 player even though he played at a higher level last season.  To YOU, he's a D2-level player, and maybe you feel kinda bad for the D1 team who signed that schlub.
And what about the D2 Transfer that shows up as a D1 player in search....is this a former pulldown or dropdown player?
The D2 coach who originally signed him either as a pulldown or a dropdown, or that coach has a significantly higher prestige than you do.  If it's the latter, some players that appear on the D1 list for you will appear on the D2 list for him.

Hope all that makes sense.
4/23/2014 10:51 AM
I think once they sign, they show in the division of whatever team signs them regardless of where they would have appeared for you as an unsigned recruit.

On the transfer player, he'll show up on whatever search screen his numbers say he ought to be on given your prestige (vision). For example, several seasons ago I was trying to pull down a high potential D2 player for my D3 team but eventually bailed because I needed to sign someone at the position and he hadn't budged yet. Somehow, nobody signed the guy (he would have made an awesome D2 big, he would have been criminal at D3). The next season, I see I'm getting decent carryover and the guy JUCO'd at my neck of the woods, so I go to find him, because I'll cut the guy I'd signed the previous year in a heartbeat to get him on my roster. I look at the D2 screen..nope, not there. I flip to D3...nope, not there. He was now showing as a D1 for me. His rating gains combined with my prestige being where it was the previous season now had him as a D1 recruit. *sigh*
4/23/2014 10:52 AM
Signing D2 Drop Down or Pull Down Question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.