April 24th Dev Post (Seble) Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by ettaexpress on 4/25/2014 4:07:00 AM (view original):
Posted by gillispie1 on 4/25/2014 4:06:00 AM (view original):
Posted by ettaexpress on 4/25/2014 3:31:00 AM (view original):
It would also be nice to see some symmetrical punishment on the boards, and some enforcement of rules, especially when people admit they are breaking the rules in an attempt to provoke.
lol! rules. classic.
What's so funny, do you think you're above rules?
Really? just stay off the boards then...Its funny that we even had this brought up....go out side show the kids how to shoot a hoop...stay off the boards if you cant handle what people say....its easy...

*all this being said Im sure Im a rule breaker now....
4/25/2014 7:31 AM
Lets get back on topic please.

I think these changes are obviously purely cosmetic. I personally like the color-coding, but it doesn't change my gameplay experience a whole lot.

I'm curious as to what Seble has in store for recruiting updates, as he mentioned a big recruiting update in the future.
4/25/2014 8:20 AM
Does anyone who USES the Role Ratings have the time to sitemail or email me on the pratical application of a matrix such as this!  I tried using it in one world, and all I did was screw up recruiting so bad for two seasons that I chose to take the easy out and swap teams and let Sim have the one I had ruined back!  My email is [email protected], or sitemail.
4/25/2014 9:06 AM
Posted by halfakracka on 4/24/2014 10:28:00 PM (view original):
Yeah I get that but really who is the guy that cares about the color, havent seen a single guy complain about it. To me its a pointless update to just update the last update.
I'm that guy.  I find the colors annoying.  What's it to you?  You can have the view you like and I can have the view I like.
4/25/2014 9:20 AM
Posted by wvufan76 on 4/25/2014 9:06:00 AM (view original):
Does anyone who USES the Role Ratings have the time to sitemail or email me on the pratical application of a matrix such as this!  I tried using it in one world, and all I did was screw up recruiting so bad for two seasons that I chose to take the easy out and swap teams and let Sim have the one I had ruined back!  My email is [email protected], or sitemail.
In my case I slowly adjust it season after season and then don't use it as a filter until it matches up to my intuitions.
4/25/2014 9:28 AM
As far as the color coded team profile. I like to have it up. Its not a big change, but its nice to get the quick view and I keep it up while I'm setting my player game planning.

Player Roles - its nice to have it, but its not a necessity. It would become significantly more useful if it accounted for potential or could be used to determine total growth. Currently I only use it if I have 2 players who both seem to fit the same role and I want to see who would be better for it, but even then its limited to whatever values I set for those roles which may not even be ideal based on the sim engine.

Recruiting - Recruiting is not broken. Its one of the few things that have been a strength in this game. There are some changes that would be nice.
-Scouting players, either allow us to specify what we want to scout or take out the guess work altogether on potential. Maybe just create a second page in the player profile of what he can reach (assuming you scouted him) or something to that effect.
-Make promises carry more weight both positive and negative.

Someone said something about the pbp and I could agree the pbp could be more useful if it could be used as something to really learn from. At this point the only thing I get from it is if my guy is getting double teamed and to see how tired my players get at certain points in the game.

Cross world stuff - maybe just make more comparative tools for records. This second idea is likely not to happen, but it could be a cool feature. What if their were some form of cross world exhibition tournaments. Probably more work than its worth, but it would be interesting.

Coachable NBA teams. I know this has been discussed before and there are issues concerning season timing and all, but I think those things could be worked out if it was implemented to fit HD. It could be like NBA lite.
-since there is no recruiting, the draft session could be shorter. Coaches would submit a list of their top 30 players (or whatever draft spot they are in) and the sim could process it at the normal time of a recruiting cycle. or maybe a 1 day draft session and a 1 day submission towards free agents or something (submit your bid on a player and top bidder wins, maybe even incorporate other factors like potential playing time promises, minutes, distribution etc.)
- since the schedule has to fit HD, the season could start earlier since you dont need as much time for recruiting. Reduce the playoffs to the same sort of format as NT (1 game matchup or best of 3 or something short - remember this season must fit HD).
-Job logic (see complaints about job logic with DI firings). This is the NBA and only good coaches should be there and failure will keep it opened up for other coaches to take the position.

Anyways, the NBA thing is wishful thinking that will likely never happen, but its a cool idea to continue the idea of elite players from DI getting drafted and doing something more.
4/25/2014 9:47 AM
I use the role ratings - I set the ratings myself and use them in helping to decide starting lineups if I can't decide on a player. I also sometimes sort my recruits by "center rating player role" if I want to  pick up a good center - that's easier than filtering by position in recruiting because sometimes a good center might be labled as a SF or PF. 

4/25/2014 10:24 AM
Posted by llamanunts on 4/25/2014 9:20:00 AM (view original):
Posted by halfakracka on 4/24/2014 10:28:00 PM (view original):
Yeah I get that but really who is the guy that cares about the color, havent seen a single guy complain about it. To me its a pointless update to just update the last update.
I'm that guy.  I find the colors annoying.  What's it to you?  You can have the view you like and I can have the view I like.
Id probably like the colorless as well. Im just not going to complain about something so useless. Id rather it go to making the watchlist more user friendly
4/25/2014 11:42 AM
I've posted some suggestions on the suggestions forum.  The only cross-world suggestion would be simply saved searches or a recent search tool like exists for sim-baseball searches.  That would save quite a bit of time.

I've made the suggestion a bunch of times, but the fix to all the scouting issues is to tie the scouting report to the user defined player role. So, if you change the settings for PG, then you can ask your asst coach to look for those settings (for a slight increase in cost over a regular scouting trip).   Each scouting trip returns 4 out of 12 possible responses.  We've all experienced sending 8 scouting trips and still not getting ATH and some other core category.  If you could just tip the scales a little bit, then you could probably cut that to ~2 trips and have all the core categories returned.  That would change recruiting without changing the game.
4/25/2014 11:49 AM
somehow, this drivel was way more interesting to me last night (wonder why that was?). IQ again, really? uhg. whatever, if you hate it so much, just don't play. you say we are losers or pathetic or something else for liking this game, you realize how much worse it is to spend all this time on something you dislike, don't you? no, im sure you don't, but the irony is certainly not lost on anyone else here.
4/25/2014 2:43 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...9 Next ▸
April 24th Dev Post (Seble) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.