Recruiting Ineligibles Topic

Posted by buddhagamer on 4/26/2014 3:25:00 AM (view original):
There is a belief that the more effort put into an ineligible will make it more likely to show up... however I believe there is always some percentage chance they go juco regardless.  There is also some speculation that it is near impossible to get multiple ineligibles to show up in the same recruiting season but low sample sizes haven't shown that it is possible to get more than 1.
I think it is true that effort is a factor in whether he goes juco - and I think it was confirmed at some time in a dev chat - many seasons ago.  

I also agree that there always is a chance that he will go juco

Another factor is the prestige of your program and the ranking of the kid.  If you just barely can get him, more likely to juco.  If he is thrilled to get your attention, more likely to enroll
4/27/2014 2:04 PM
im almost positive 2 ineligibles showing up is impossible, enough people have tried it.
4/27/2014 2:52 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 4/27/2014 2:52:00 PM (view original):
im almost positive 2 ineligibles showing up is impossible, enough people have tried it.
you may be right (CS insists otherwise) but I don't know how many people have actually tried it. How many would it take to be a statistically significant sample? There are a lot of coaches out there who I've never seen post in the forums - do we have any idea if they've tried it or not? 

Someone with thousands of reward points lying around should pick up a team with tons of openings and just sign all ineligibles to see if more than 1 shows...
4/27/2014 2:58 PM
well if cbg is right about d3... then we should of already seen a d3 team sign 2 ineligibles already and have them both show up...
4/27/2014 3:18 PM
Posted by buddhagamer on 4/27/2014 3:18:00 PM (view original):
well if cbg is right about d3... then we should of already seen a d3 team sign 2 ineligibles already and have them both show up...
its easy to say that, but terribly unscientific...maybe you are right - we don't really know though... I don't know if D3 counts though, since they don't have to choose between sitting or playing elsewhere. I guess I meant someone should take a D2 or D1 team to experiment with...
4/27/2014 3:46 PM
also, unless you were watching the D3 team during recruiting you wouldn't know if their kid was an ineligible or not since they lose that tag when the players report, right?
4/27/2014 3:47 PM
i cant remember if they lose the tag, but if kids can't go juco (which i could totally be wrong about) from d3 schools, then i would think you would be able to sign multiple and have them show. i have first hand knowledge of about half a dozen people who have signed 2 ineligibles in worlds i am in, d1 or d2, and never have they both reported, and others have mentioned failing on the forums. i used to say we don't really know because the sample size but i think taken in full, the sample size is sufficient. could be wrong but most ineligibles should show, my guess is you'd expect 2 to show about 50% of the time if it was possible - once we hear of 10 occurrences of it failing, there is about 1 in a thousand chance that would happen if it was actually possible. my guess is its not a feature, but a bug, as CS insists its possible. if it was possible, we'd sort of have to have someone who would have seen it and spoken up by now, wouldn't we?
4/27/2014 7:52 PM
Can you make promises to ineligibles and do you have to follow through on them their first eligible year?
5/4/2014 5:51 AM
You can make promises, but you do not have to fulfill them.
5/4/2014 8:16 AM
Posted by gillispie1 on 4/27/2014 2:52:00 PM (view original):
just wanted to bump this up because t least in D3, you can get 2 ineligibles in a class. I just did. with no resistance. It was beautiful. I hope the study hall people are prepared for these two.
5/7/2014 11:45 PM
TC... just to be clear. Westerberg and Buterbaugh have signed.... (awesome names BTW), they have not yet shown up on your campus until recruiting ends.
No one said you couldn't sign more than one...... showing up is the issue.
I'm not saying they won't since you are D3 and they aren't really ineligible to play at D3.
Just saying the fat lady is still up on the stage and she ain't done yet.
5/8/2014 5:36 PM
Posted by mizzou77 on 5/8/2014 5:38:00 PM (view original):
TC... just to be clear. Westerberg and Buterbaugh have signed.... (awesome names BTW), they have not yet shown up on your campus until recruiting ends.
No one said you couldn't sign more than one...... showing up is the issue.
I'm not saying they won't since you are D3 and they aren't really ineligible to play at D3.
Just saying the fat lady is still up on the stage and she ain't done yet.
ahhhhh, said the grasshopper. so I can expect one to JUCO bolt. sadness reigns.
5/8/2014 6:13 PM
Well one could just look at all D1/D2 teams in a world to see how many teams have multiple Sr/5 players on their rosters.  In Phelan, I see two D2 teams which have multiple Sr/5 players, curiously all of them recruited by the SIM.  I wonder if WIS lets the SIM get ineligibles to always show up for SIM recruits but not human ones?

Could someone else check other worlds to see if any D1 or D2 teams have multiple human-recruited SR/5 players?
5/8/2014 6:21 PM
Posted by buddhagamer on 5/8/2014 6:22:00 PM (view original):
Well one could just look at all D1/D2 teams in a world to see how many teams have multiple Sr/5 players on their rosters.  In Phelan, I see two D2 teams which have multiple Sr/5 players, curiously all of them recruited by the SIM.  I wonder if WIS lets the SIM get ineligibles to always show up for SIM recruits but not human ones?

Could someone else check other worlds to see if any D1 or D2 teams have multiple human-recruited SR/5 players?
couldn't you have that by redshirting a guy and having an ineligible in the same class?
5/9/2014 1:49 AM
Sr/5 is, so far as I know, exclusivley for ineligible guys.  A redshirt senior shows up as a senior, not a Sr/5.
5/9/2014 8:05 AM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Recruiting Ineligibles Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.