long overdue...User Polls Topic

Posted by wildcat98 on 5/7/2014 4:37:00 PM (view original):
Posted by terps21234 on 5/7/2014 3:23:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wildcat98 on 5/7/2014 10:48:00 AM (view original):
Posted by ettaexpress on 5/7/2014 12:43:00 AM (view original):
I've made a useful post on this thread far more recently than you (if indeed you have, I don't really remember). So get out a mirror if you want to see a less contributory poster on the board.
Again, you have absolutely no sense of irony. Your last sentence was just a doozy.
Name one good post you posted.  LET ME SEE THE PROOF. You haven't given any good info on this post, except to your twin Nick.  You logic is stupid, you're an idiot, and you're dumber than anyone who knows basketball. You obviously don't know **** and prove it time and time again. You don't know how this SIM works and the only one you ever played was that stupid idiotic dolphinism.
Not sure what you're on me about. I don't know anything about "dolphinsim" or whatever, so maybe you intended this for EE?
Sorry wildcat, that was not intended for you.
5/8/2014 3:01 PM
Posted by terps21234 on 5/8/2014 3:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wildcat98 on 5/7/2014 4:37:00 PM (view original):
Posted by terps21234 on 5/7/2014 3:23:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wildcat98 on 5/7/2014 10:48:00 AM (view original):
Posted by ettaexpress on 5/7/2014 12:43:00 AM (view original):
I've made a useful post on this thread far more recently than you (if indeed you have, I don't really remember). So get out a mirror if you want to see a less contributory poster on the board.
Again, you have absolutely no sense of irony. Your last sentence was just a doozy.
Name one good post you posted.  LET ME SEE THE PROOF. You haven't given any good info on this post, except to your twin Nick.  You logic is stupid, you're an idiot, and you're dumber than anyone who knows basketball. You obviously don't know **** and prove it time and time again. You don't know how this SIM works and the only one you ever played was that stupid idiotic dolphinism.
Not sure what you're on me about. I don't know anything about "dolphinsim" or whatever, so maybe you intended this for EE?
Sorry wildcat, that was not intended for you.
Yeah, I was initially like "What the F?", but then figured out you'd just clicked "quote" on the wrong post.
5/8/2014 3:07 PM
Posted by llamanunts on 5/8/2014 1:07:00 PM (view original):
1. I'm not saying you're a sports simulation noob.  I'm saying you're an HD noob.

2. I didn't quote anything because I was talking about the series of posts directly before mine.

3. A note: people aren't agreeing with you about any particular problems.  You're agreeing with them.  You're the new guy in a group of conversations that have gone on for a long time, through multiple updates.

4. When people try to help you succeed within the current paradigm, you often try to shut them down and insult them in the process.  That's what I'm talking about.  That's what that analogy was about.

On #3, EE seems like the kind of person who turns on a light, and starts thinking he's Tesla and Edison, all rolled into one.
5/8/2014 3:13 PM
Posted by terps21234 on 5/8/2014 3:00:00 PM (view original):
Posted by nachopuzzle on 5/7/2014 4:13:00 PM (view original):
Terps, you don't have to go anywhere, its just at this point there is almost nothing that can be done about it. Also, please don't thumbs down etta's remarks because it might have an overall effect on the the thread's rating.
Thanks nacho. I didn't thumbs down any of Etta's post. Wasn't me and I won't
no no no, thank you terps, and that wasn't aimed directly at you, more of a blanket statement really.
5/8/2014 3:27 PM
Posted by llamanunts on 5/8/2014 1:07:00 PM (view original):
1. I'm not saying you're a sports simulation noob.  I'm saying you're an HD noob.

2. I didn't quote anything because I was talking about the series of posts directly before mine.

3. A note: people aren't agreeing with you about any particular problems.  You're agreeing with them.  You're the new guy in a group of conversations that have gone on for a long time, through multiple updates.

4. When people try to help you succeed within the current paradigm, you often try to shut them down and insult them in the process.  That's what I'm talking about.  That's what that analogy was about.

1. But I have the breadth of experience to be able to make comparisons and say where the sim is weak and where it is not.

3. Funny that none of those conversations were going on when I got here.

Not really much to say about 2 and 4. Just you explaining your own lack of clarity by blaming it on me. Whatever.

5/9/2014 1:44 AM
1. No you don't.

3. People discussed how the sim engine could be improved LONG before you got here. It's a fairly regular discussion. You're just so arrogant that you think you're breaking new ground or something.
5/9/2014 10:18 AM
But most of you don't have the background in real world basketball to be able to have an intelligent view on how the sim SHOULD be improved.

And you shout down the people that do.
5/9/2014 2:29 PM
Posted by ettaexpress on 5/9/2014 2:29:00 PM (view original):
But most of you don't have the background in real world basketball to be able to have an intelligent view on how the sim SHOULD be improved.

And you know this how?  

Some of us have been scholarship athletes before.  Some of us have direct experience with college basketball, recruiting, D1-D3, etc.  You can argue the semantics of what you mean by "most", but that's irrelevant to me.  I, personally, could care less if you were a four year starter at Duke or have never seen a basketball.  You don't need to show credentials to me to have valid points and criticisms, but you certainly will be listened to in direct proportion to your actions and experience with the subject matter.

But some of us search things on the board or in the FAQ and listen and  read much, much MUCH more than we post.  Aside from whatever nonsense has been going on, there are very, very clear and obvious things that are laid out for some of us to see, and it's nobody's fault but our own if we don't.

I wont' address intelligent views.  But I can say definitively that there are people here that have experience as programmers, as college athletes, and as people who play a variety of games.  Many (most?) of them recognize that the SIM is faulty in many ways, but most of them are happy to work within the boundaries of what is setup for all of us.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to derail a post about possible changes to the engine, I promised myself to not get drawn into frivolous side discussions.  Sorry for cluttering the board all.
5/9/2014 2:47 PM
Posted by guyo26 on 5/9/2014 2:47:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ettaexpress on 5/9/2014 2:29:00 PM (view original):

And you know this how?  

Some of us have been scholarship athletes before.  Some of us have direct experience with college basketball, recruiting, D1-D3, etc.  You can argue the semantics of what you mean by "most", but that's irrelevant to me.  I, personally, could care less if you were a four year starter at Duke or have never seen a basketball.  You don't need to show credentials to me to have valid points and criticisms, but you certainly will be listened to in direct proportion to your actions and experience with the subject matter.

But some of us search things on the board or in the FAQ and listen and  read much, much MUCH more than we post.  Aside from whatever nonsense has been going on, there are very, very clear and obvious things that are laid out for some of us to see, and it's nobody's fault but our own if we don't.

I wont' address intelligent views.  But I can say definitively that there are people here that have experience as programmers, as college athletes, and as people who play a variety of games.  Many (most?) of them recognize that the SIM is faulty in many ways, but most of them are happy to work within the boundaries of what is setup for all of us.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to derail a post about possible changes to the engine, I promised myself to not get drawn into frivolous side discussions.  Sorry for cluttering the board all.
I have 15 years of real-world coaching experience, both as an assistant and as a head coach. But, like you, I don't require credentials to listen to someone. One thing I certainly DO practice, though, is listening especially closely to coaches who I know have had fantastic success in HD, and try to glean some wisdom from their viewpoints in particular.
5/9/2014 8:32 PM
If you have all that real world coaching experience, then that brings a number of other questions, like:

- Why doesn't that experience translate to HD? You're not a very good HD coach despite actually being a coach. Is it because HD isn't a very good sim, or you aren't a very good real life coach, either?
- Wouldn't your time be better spent on real life basketball rather than this? What do you get out of playing any sim, let alone this one? I would think you of all people would be looking for a sim that is a true sim, that simulates the sport well. Let me tell you, you can do better than this game as far as that goes.
- Why do you care about the "wisdom" of people who mostly don't know much about the sport (by the admission of several respected posters here) when you coach the actual sport? 
- How does it not frustrate that people that don't know very much about the sport seem to have an outsized influence on the direction of the sim?

5/9/2014 9:51 PM
Wow etta, it's honestly amazing, at this exact moment you are simultaneously shitting all over three threads.
5/9/2014 10:01 PM
How? because I asked someone some questions? I'm legitimately interested...it makes sense that a bunch of computer nerds and coaching wannabes would be playing this game thinking it's something, but someone that actually has real coaching experience getting anything out of this game is *really* confusing to me.
5/9/2014 11:00 PM
Posted by nachopuzzle on 5/9/2014 10:01:00 PM (view original):
Wow etta, it's honestly amazing, at this exact moment you are simultaneously shitting all over three threads.
He's got a talent for that. It's practically the only "talent" he possesses in the HD realm. And I feel no need to justify myself to a person like him.
5/9/2014 11:04 PM
I would think you would want to take the chance to extol the virtues of the game where applicable.
5/9/2014 11:42 PM
Posted by wildcat98 on 5/9/2014 11:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by nachopuzzle on 5/9/2014 10:01:00 PM (view original):
He's got a talent for that. It's practically the only "talent" he possesses in the HD realm. And I feel no need to justify myself to a person like him.
haha, but in reality we really do don't we??? I used to be one of the worst, after all the batshit crazy things he would say I would hop on here and make him look like an idiot, even when it got to the point (which we are currently in) where it's like shooting fish in a barrel. Now, I try my best to avoid him like the plague, but every now and then I just have to get down and roll around in it. ---It's like a one night stand, it feels great while it's going on, but as soon as it's over I feel dirty on the inside.

I think it just speaks to one of sad parts of human nature, there is only so much you can take before your pre-frontal cortex is overloaded you just gotta do what you gotta do. In a really messed up way, ettaexpress is the inversion of the popular notion of a troll. Let me be clear, etta is not a troll, as a person who's seen for real throlls at work, I am very confident he is not one...but in a warped way his online personality actually performs the exact same roll.

And really that is much worse than having an actual troll, because he is not going anywhere...no matter what he says or how many times he's said it in the past, ettaexpress is not going anywhere anytime soon. He will be here for a long time and that means his presence on these boards will be a fixture for the foreseeable future, and honestly, that is horrible news for what little sense of an online community we've cultivated for ourselves. It just seems like a horrible stroke of badluck for Hoops Dynasty.
5/9/2014 11:50 PM
◂ Prev 1...15|16|17|18 Next ▸
long overdue...User Polls Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.