Sooooo has anyone ever won a game with 4 players? Topic

Yeah I was being conservative on the black ratings. I realize they could end up being quite a bit higher.

Part of the idea of Grow and Joyce is that they can either both play together or they can spell each other if we get more talent down the line, and both of them should be able to score and rebound a bit, and at least not embarrass themselves on defense. I see them developing into pretty similar players. Like I say, really wish could have had them in D-III, but it's probably worth it to be rid of the annoyances on the OAC coach corner, and to move up to D2. Those two plus Guyer would have been really tough though. Don't ask me why no one in the OAC took Joyce well before I did. 

I think you hit Godina pretty well. I think he's useful, versatile and won't kill you in any area. Having to play him out of position is an opportunity to experiment with a "stretch 4" as well, though he won't be that next year. Not sure if you could tell but I like versatility where I can get it. :)

A PG that can defend better than a cardboard cutout will be a priority next year. After that, probably best player available, probably still try to get a few upperclassmen.

I saw the overload scoring to 1 player tactic last year in the OAC. i thought it was pretty much garbage because it was obvious that the team was recruited specifically to do that, and the 1 guy just did nothing but shoot like 20 3's a game. Just to be an ***, on my last game I set it so my SG shot like 35 times haha. Shockingly we almost won.
4/29/2014 2:37 AM
if its any consolation, "bing ball" (the term for overloading 1-2 guards and jacking up 3s) doesn't generally win titles these days, although you do see crap teams make the NT. its not a strategy you usually see in real competition though, almost never in say, top half NT teams.
4/29/2014 2:41 AM
also, godina's rebounding ability (which is mostly reb but also ath, and of course, iq and stamina, iq and stamina kind of go without saying in the figuring of any kind of ability anywhere) - that will kill you at the 4. if you were playing a fb/fcp and were 12 deep then maybe you could stretch - if he had more ath/spd. but as is, he is a major liability at the 4.

also.. wasn't the oac your d3 conf? what do they have to do with joyce? is that the same general geographic area? i seem to remember that was a weak conf, very possible they couldn't even talk to him. anyway, yeah, joyce and that other big will be pretty similar, and will both be solid. if you had 3 other freshman to play the 1-3, they could be part of a bright future (not that they can't still be). you'd still be much better off to have one of them and an equally good guy who was more of a defense rebounding type, though.

4/29/2014 2:47 AM (edited)
Yeah, Joyce was from Ohio if I'm remembering right. OAC was like a 10-15 ranked league or it was last year.

Yeah Godina isn't a 4, I just don't think I have any better options there this year. But at least I'll see how a perimeter 4 works on offense. Mainly hoping Joyce develops fast as a hope for rebounding lol.

4/29/2014 2:50 AM
ok sounds good. you have a decent start to build on, at least.
4/29/2014 2:59 AM
Yeah I dunno about all that haha. Wish the JUCO scene in the region was loaded like last year.
4/29/2014 3:21 AM
Lost exhibition games by 10-12...honestly not terrible. Just don't know how we're going to rebound anything...
4/29/2014 3:18 PM
Northwood is a bad DIII team.    Your season is gonna be dreadfull.  I'd be shocked if you beat a human this year.

Taking on a team with 11 openings is just nutty.

4/29/2014 3:21 PM
Having Grow eligible would change everything IMO. 

I'm surprised that the games were as competitive as they were.
4/29/2014 3:23 PM
Posted by mullycj on 4/29/2014 3:21:00 PM (view original):
Northwood is a bad DIII team.    Your season is gonna be dreadfull.  I'd be shocked if you beat a human this year.

Taking on a team with 11 openings is just nutty.

I took on a team with 9 openings once, but that was just because I was wanting to experiment with FB/FCP, and all those openings made it easier to do than if you take over a team with 7-10 holdovers.
4/29/2014 3:26 PM
Until we get tired, we're not bad. Up 17-6 early today, just couldn't sustain it and was down 9 at halftime. Should I play the terrible walkons more just to give people a little more rest, or would that just hasten the collapse? #northwoodproblems
5/1/2014 2:53 AM
at red fatigue your starters are no better than walkons. Find a way to structure a depth chart that lets you get the starters minutes down to where they at least stay out of the red, preferably the orange as well. I would personally do very weird depth chart things
5/1/2014 3:12 AM
Not sure if you're already on slow down but you probably should be every game this season. Goodluck!
5/1/2014 4:28 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by dacj501 on 5/1/2014 3:12:00 AM (view original):
at red fatigue your starters are no better than walkons. Find a way to structure a depth chart that lets you get the starters minutes down to where they at least stay out of the red, preferably the orange as well. I would personally do very weird depth chart things
Yeah this is certainly an opportunity for that haha.

I don't know that there's going to be any keeping them out of orange. Red would be nice though.

I don't know how weird you mean, but I'm pretty much only playing 6 guys right now. Or are you meaning something like (not necessarily exactly) playing Crawford at C or something to see how slower players handle him?
5/1/2014 6:13 AM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10|11...19 Next ▸
Sooooo has anyone ever won a game with 4 players? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.