Sooooo has anyone ever won a game with 4 players? Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by ettaexpress on 5/13/2014 2:27:00 AM (view original):
This game is some BS.

Go up 20-9 early, score 20 points the rest of the game and get outscored 64-15 until the last minute.

I'm sorry that is garbage. 64-15? Doesn't happen. 
I really hope this doesn't get taken as more etta-hate, so please don't take it as such.

An undermanned and outmatched squad (team A) goes up on the big and bad starters (team B). The coach for team B gets annoyed, throws in the backups to retake the lead and add more energy to the team and arena, and then the starters wake up on the bench and play how the starters are suppose to. Yes, I know that Wayne St. in your world isn't exactly a powerhouse, but at least they're fielding eleven recruited players, while you only have a total of three recruited players.

Imagine UNC falling down early to a team like Richmond. Richmond hits some shots early, but when Roy tosses those backups in, and they make some stops inevitably, you know that the Dean Smith Center is going to get loud, and Richmond will crumple. Again, I know that you weren't going up against a UNC, but I wouldn't shy away from saying that your squad is no Richmond either.

So that's how that happens. And devil's advocate would be the coach of Wayne St. coming on here and posting about how it's BS that his team lost to a team of three total recruited players. Hope that you've calmed down after that loss, and can see the game as completely rationale.
5/13/2014 4:03 AM
In 1994, Kentucky trailed LSU 68-37 with 15 minutes remaining and won 99-95, outscoring the Tigers 62-27
5/13/2014 4:27 AM
this is what if

one doesnt see teams with four players who have the skills and ability to play at their level and a huge dropoff for the rest of the roster - very unusual and unrealistic roster from which one should EXPECT unrealistic results.  Expecting realistic outputs from unrealistic inputs is bad analysis.
5/13/2014 6:05 AM
Posted by ettaexpress on 5/13/2014 2:27:00 AM (view original):
This game is some BS.

Go up 20-9 early, score 20 points the rest of the game and get outscored 64-15 until the last minute.

I'm sorry that is garbage. 64-15? Doesn't happen. 
you are some BS. back it up with some real data - from real teams who have only 4 real players, and then all walkons. i guess you can't do that, now can you? the only thing you can complain about being unrealistic with this team, is when you don't get fired at the end of the season. this is beyond ridiculous. i thought you actually had some understanding of real basketball, and might eventually turn into a worthwhile member. what a fricken retard i am...
5/13/2014 11:44 AM
Posted by alblack56 on 5/13/2014 4:27:00 AM (view original):
In 1994, Kentucky trailed LSU 68-37 with 15 minutes remaining and won 99-95, outscoring the Tigers 62-27
+1 for providing facts
5/13/2014 11:47 AM
what world is etta living in?....all he has to do is look at the Clipper/Thunder game from the other night!
5/13/2014 11:50 AM
Probably shouldn't have played a -2 against a team that shoots 55% of their shots from behind the arc.
5/13/2014 12:32 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by Trentonjoe on 5/13/2014 12:32:00 PM (view original):
Probably shouldn't have played a -2 against a team that shoots 55% of their shots from behind the arc.
+1 for trying to explain how HD works.
5/13/2014 6:33 PM
Is that minus for me or wildcat? It really isn't fair to say it's for both, we are keeping score. Be a pal and make a decision for us chief.
5/13/2014 6:48 PM
Posted by ettaexpress on 5/13/2014 6:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by alblack56 on 5/13/2014 4:27:00 AM (view original):
Great so that's one time in the history of college basketball. And no one got close to 99 points in this game, which makes it a bit tougher to score that many points.

Kentucky was also a really good team under Pitino then.

And it's still not 64-15 over 25-30 min (whenever the run started, I don't know and I don't really care to look at that pbp again).

Whatever, I don't really have much time to care over the next 3 weeks or so.
I assume that you understand that your roster bears little resemblance to what any college team would ever send out on the court.  As noted earlier, unrealistic inputs lead to unrealistic outputs.  IF a team like yours behaved like a realistic team that would be deeply unrealistic.  
5/13/2014 9:15 PM
What's unrealistic about it other than the weak player? You don't think teams have ever had bad players in their lineup? 

I would say I guess we'll see when Grow is eligible but I have no idea how I'm gonna feel about it after a couple of weeks in Europe. May just not ever come back.
5/13/2014 9:49 PM
Posted by ettaexpress on 5/13/2014 9:49:00 PM (view original):
What's unrealistic about it other than the weak player? You don't think teams have ever had bad players in their lineup? 

I would say I guess we'll see when Grow is eligible but I have no idea how I'm gonna feel about it after a couple of weeks in Europe. May just not ever come back.
It is rare to see a college team with four scholarship players and then a bunch of much much weaker players.  Very rare.   Surely you understand that.
5/13/2014 10:20 PM
Posted by ettaexpress on 5/13/2014 9:49:00 PM (view original):

Just remember not to make promises you can't keep. If you aren't coming back in a few weeks, don't get every coaches hopes up by coming back in a few months.

I'm on the forums fairly often, while generally rather silent until recent. From what I've gathered, you are currently in possession of a horrible team and troll every coach into complete anger by blatantly taking over others' threads. I also believe, however I may not remember correctly, you've been banned multiple times. You contribute nothing to HD in a positive manner, bashing it every attempt you can. If you are to go to Europe for several weeks, and your horrible team becomes even worse(which seems entirely impossible), I personally hope you leave so a SIM AI can take over that team and attempt to rebuild the mess you've made there. And yes, I do believe a SIM AI would actually do a better coaching job than yourself.

And I'm sorry for getting off topic in this thread, I really am, but I've seen you ruin so many threads unnecessarily. I felt compelled to do the same.
5/14/2014 12:17 AM
◂ Prev 1...15|16|17|18|19 Next ▸
Sooooo has anyone ever won a game with 4 players? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.