I was talking with another coach who pointed this idea out to me, and I'm wondering if people would like to see this option changed by Seble.
A few days ago I played a game where my starting pg got in foul trouble early and it hurt my team and we ended up down 20 something after the first half.  I typically leave my guys at normal for foul trouble.  But by the end of the game my pg only played 10 minutes but also only finished with 4 fouls. 
Wouldn't it be beneficial instead of just having the options to leave a player in longer or take out sooner, to be able to set it like end of game settings?  For example, if down 10 I want my best players in I dont care about foul trouble.  And if I'm up 10, I want my guys in foul trouble sitting so I can bring them back in at the end.
Is this too major a change to institute?  I doubt it will happen, I'm just more curious if other people would want to see this, or of people are happy with their options now?
5/5/2014 10:03 AM
In theory, that is a fine idea.   What concerns me is having to many options.   I don't want a game with 350 settings, boxes to check, lineups to create and page after page of dropdown boxes.

The football game is a llke that and I got tired of adjusting my 3rd and medium plan against a 4-4 defense.
5/5/2014 10:23 AM
I don't disagree TJ.  But I also think it should just be built into the formula somehow, cuz it's obvious.  
5/5/2014 11:54 AM
dan - I think a simpler resolution would be to add a 3rd choice called "never" which will never adjust playing time due to foul trouble.

Seble didnt like that idea either.
5/5/2014 12:02 PM
Posted by mullycj on 5/5/2014 12:02:00 PM (view original):
dan - I think a simpler resolution would be to add a 3rd choice called "never" which will never adjust playing time due to foul trouble.

Seble didnt like that idea either.
This doesn't address the issue that the OP brought up, but I do *love* this idea. Particularly as someone who sometimes uses Target Minutes instead of fatigue.
5/5/2014 12:44 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.