Coaches Messages Topic

The player's coach said... I've talked to a lot of schools. I don't think your school is in their league.

My assistant coach said... It's going to take a miracle. Do you believe in miracles?

So... does this mean that he could potentially drop down later... or not so much?

5/10/2014 8:16 PM
Most of my recent experience is at D1, but I think when it's a potential pull down/drop down, don't they usually have at least a "fallback option" quote or something similar? I could be wrong about that, but I think that there's at least a HINT of optimism in the message when there's a chance to later pull him down.
5/10/2014 8:24 PM
You can not pull down that recruit .. the only way you can get him is if he drops down to your level.
5/10/2014 10:04 PM
Yep, not so much. The ones that you can pull down will say something like "may consider you as a backup option" or something like that. 
5/10/2014 10:11 PM
Posted by hughesjr on 5/10/2014 10:04:00 PM (view original):
You can not pull down that recruit .. the only way you can get him is if he drops down to your level.
There was a thread recently on this message and it went into real detail about what hughes wrote.
5/10/2014 10:23 PM
Posted by hughesjr on 5/10/2014 10:04:00 PM (view original):
Don't all recruits that eventually drop down to you give the backup message though?  Thats what I've always thought. 

Doesn't seem right that a recruit would give you a "might want to move on, he doesn't even know who you are" type message, only to drop down to you later.  Or is this specific message unique?
5/10/2014 10:25 PM
I track recruits all the time using yatzr's recruiting worksheet, including after signings start. (Even after I am full up with recruits)

I have seen several players in the last 5 recruiting cycles drop down to Div-2 at some point after signings start that initially gave me a no recruit message.

I did not try to sign any of them, but they did go from Div-1 on my list to Div-2 and they did initially give me a 'NO' answer.  The reason I didn't try to sign them is I never wait that long (it was on the last day).

5/11/2014 6:59 AM
I just had one drop. He sent this apology message about how he was concerned with prestige but now has changed his mind and just wants major playing time. Signings don't start until tomorrow night... so pretty early for a recruit to drop when originally I got a hard NO.
5/11/2014 11:38 AM
Posted by craigaltonw on 5/11/2014 11:38:00 AM (view original):
I just had one drop. He sent this apology message about how he was concerned with prestige but now has changed his mind and just wants major playing time. Signings don't start until tomorrow night... so pretty early for a recruit to drop when originally I got a hard NO.
Could you post that player's initial response?  I have the feeling that it should be read as a backup option message, rather than a no.  I don't think players that start as "no" ever drop.
5/11/2014 1:12 PM
I deleted th message so I can't be positive. I'm pretty sure, though, that it was the one from above. Player's coach said... I've talked to a lot of schools. Yours is not in their league. And my assistant coach said of the phone call... It's going to take a miracle. Do you believe in miracles, coach?
5/11/2014 3:54 PM
Coaches Messages Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.