Use of "reporting" for personal reasons Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Hahaha, you wrote the book on bullshit reporting, you hypocrite.
5/10/2014 8:34 PM
Posted by nachopuzzle on 5/10/2014 8:34:00 PM (view original):
Hahaha, you wrote the book on bullshit reporting, you hypocrite.
Actually, the more I think about it, hypocrite doesn't even come close.
5/10/2014 8:40 PM
Posted by ettaexpress on 5/10/2014 8:38:00 PM (view original):
I reported people for legitimate reasons that may have been within the norm for the board, but were still out of bounds.

I've been reported for making posts that addressed no one, attacked no one, where there was not even a hint of a violation. This is being done and being suggested by one poster simply because he doesn't like me. He's been following me around the boards making attacking and taking potshots but he doesn't like it when I give him a taste of his own medicine so this is his Plan B. 

I rather doubt WIS wants to waste its resources chasing foolishness like that.
etta, with all due respect, your posts are "on topic" - with the rest of the thread, not your own interpretation of it - about 1 out of 10 times.

I don't know who has been following you around (maybe there is someone), but if the threads/comments being reported are of your usual type, it may be the original posters trying to keep things "on topic" that is doing some reporting also.
5/10/2014 9:36 PM
That's horse manure
5/10/2014 9:43 PM
Posted by ettaexpress on 5/10/2014 9:42:00 PM (view original):
LOL that's horsecrap. There's someone on the board going on every thread on which I post encouraging the person that started the thread to redline me. 

I guess your interpretation of what is on topic means more than mine or anyone else's? 

I didn't think the report button was for nothing more than "oh I don't like what that guy just said."
The thread originator's interpretation of what is on topic means more than mine or yours or anyone else's. That's why s/he has the power to redline posts that are off topic. In my estimation (which means no more than yours), your posts usually are. Judging by the frequency with which you get red-lined, the thread originators in whose threads you post tend to agree with me.
5/11/2014 9:46 AM
Posted by ettaexpress on 5/11/2014 11:35:00 AM (view original):
I pretty much only get redlined by one person. So basically you're full of crap.

But I won't redline you just because I don't like what you say.

My point is more that when you 'report' a post, doesn't that make work for the site admins that could be doing something more productive than chasing frivolous reports? 
it does, but at the same time, i also don't know of anyone in the history of the game who has redlined more posts than you have, and you've only been here a couple months... so... while i am in agreement with you, im not sure you are in any position to judge.
5/11/2014 12:03 PM
I have him blocked...really annoying that I have to read his drivel when he's quoted. every now and then one is so obnoxious I'll unblock the relevant post and give it a thumb's down. Never reported anything though.
5/11/2014 6:35 PM
12 Next ▸
Use of "reporting" for personal reasons Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.