LOVE, LOVE the Draft Big Board addition. A couple of days ago I was thinking we should get emails so that we would have some idea of who was likely to leave, this is even better.

• Added a new Draft Big Board page (located under the Postseason menu). This page will show the current ranking of draft prospects using mostly the same logic as the actual draft.
    Note: team season success and player national awards can impact draft status and are NOT included in the ranking for this page.
  • Added a minimum win% restriction of .425 for selection into the Postseason Invitational.
5/21/2014 10:29 AM
might be the best addition in years for HD
5/21/2014 10:42 AM
Posted by zags27 on 5/21/2014 10:42:00 AM (view original):
might be the best addition in years for HD
+1
5/21/2014 10:44 AM
That is awesome!
5/21/2014 10:51 AM
Agree. Fantastic addition. Good job seble.
5/21/2014 10:58 AM
that's pretty cool, been creeping on the Big Boards, great addition ... and I voted for .425, sweet
5/21/2014 10:59 AM
Ha, I've been suggesting something like this for years, excited to see it!
Now all they need to do is adjust the eval notices, so that the " will leave early for the NBA" message doesn't show up on 120 recruits every season.
5/21/2014 11:00 AM
Seble rulez!

the big board is both fun - hey, this is a GAME!!!! - and adds value to the gameplay by letting one have a sense for planning

and the .425 cutoff for PIT is reasonable accomodation of that issue
5/21/2014 11:46 AM
I wonder how soon it's updated after the season rolls.  That is, let's say we roll from season 1 to season 2 tonight.  Will the big board get updated before recruiting starts for season 2?  Or will it update after the first 10 non-con games of season 2?  Usually one can tell who has a good shot at leaving early and can recruit appropriately, but just curious how that part will work. 

It is a nice feature to have regardless how that part works.
5/21/2014 11:51 AM
Absolutely love the Big Draft Board... big props to Seble from a programming peer.
5/21/2014 12:07 PM
Does this allow you to game the system a bit? So if I have an underclassman that might go as a 2nd rounder, can I hold back his ratings and have him get passed a few guys to ensure that he doesn't leave early?
5/21/2014 12:35 PM
Posted by stinenavy on 5/21/2014 12:35:00 PM (view original):
Does this allow you to game the system a bit? So if I have an underclassman that might go as a 2nd rounder, can I hold back his ratings and have him get passed a few guys to ensure that he doesn't leave early?
i would say it depends on where he's listed, and how many EEs you have potentially on the list. I can see how it would be easy for someone with multiple players showing to use this to game the system if one stud is listed as definitely going and another is on the fence easy to see who to give the distro too (in the sense that player awards are a factor - not that player stats by themself are - just as a function of awards...)
5/21/2014 12:39 PM
Stine... You could do that allready. It usually backfires and the guy leaves anyway.
jdno... I'm in Crum... Crum is beginning recruiting tomorrow. It is updated and looks like a HUGE help in recruiting for the future. 
I have 3 guards who look to be first rounders... and only one a senior. My priorities have changed alot.
5/21/2014 12:42 PM
Even if one wanted to try and hold back your player's development, there is no sure fire way to tell how much impact post-season success or awards will sway your prospect unless you want to intentionally throw your NT/PIT games.  Maybe if you had a terrible team with a marginal 2nd rounder and had no prospect of post-season play you might do something.
5/21/2014 12:44 PM
we need a draft board thread - Kiper, McShay, Bilas, etc argue about who should be ranked where - he looks good, but you have to look at the competition that he faced, he has dominated in college but I think he's a tweener who will have a hard time succeeding at the next level, the NBA is all about potential and that is why this guy is so high on my draft board....etc
5/21/2014 12:51 PM
1234 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.