Changing player positions Topic

Posted by gillispie1 on 5/27/2014 5:58:00 PM (view original):
Posted by zags27 on 5/27/2014 5:32:00 PM (view original):
LOL, not sure how you answered as me....
Part 2.... I just thought it was interesting that I changed Midgley to SG for this season... and then happened to be looking at the box-score from before I did it... and it changed him there as well. He played the game listed as a PG... but after I changed his position... it changed the box.
Like I said before..... not sure it matters, but thought you should know.

Yep, I do talk to myself sometimes.... but my wife is usually involved.
im sure he just logged in to your account to see what you could see. kind of interesting though... we do the same thing at work every day, but we also assign and record passwords. here, users set their own passwords, so presumably, seble doesn't have access to those. they must have some back end method to just log in to any account at will. thats kind of cool, but also, potentially concerning from a security standpoint. also, we never have access to ecommerce capable accounts (which ours here are) at work, that's a totally different ballgame, than non ecommerce-capable accounts (although, not storing CC info definitely helps). im sure they do it all safely... just interesting, i never thought seble could log into my account. the consumer-me doesn't care, but the professional-me finds it interesting.

I don't think it's concerning at all. I have a very similar portal-type system for my business where my clients can login and engage in all sorts of activity and have passwords and personal data. I can access their accounts from the back-end "as the client" but I never see their passwords, etc. I think all systems have a back-end entry point for admins of some kind. I would've been more surprised if there was no such capability. In my case, I use it to see things "as the client" sees them. Helps immensely if there is a complaint or problem that is not visible from my vantage point. 
6/6/2014 3:29 AM
  • You must have at least 1 player listed at each position, and no more than 5 at any single position.
Why the bolded part?  That's new and I don't see the point of requiring it.
6/10/2014 6:40 PM
Posted by llamanunts on 6/10/2014 6:40:00 PM (view original):
  • You must have at least 1 player listed at each position, and no more than 5 at any single position.
Why the bolded part?  That's new and I don't see the point of requiring it.
You can still have less than 1 as long as you don't recruit any players at that position. Otherwise, you'd just be changing players' positions to throw off your lazy gameplanning opponents. 
6/10/2014 10:18 PM
it wont let you save unless there is at least one at every position...which was a tiny pita si ce i was going to recruit a PF to start since none of my players were good there. had to tag a center as PF
6/10/2014 10:41 PM
Posted by dacj501 on 6/10/2014 10:41:00 PM (view original):
it wont let you save unless there is at least one at every position...which was a tiny pita si ce i was going to recruit a PF to start since none of my players were good there. had to tag a center as PF
Well that still makes sense IMO. You are going to start a player at each position, so why wouldn't you designate them at that position? 
6/10/2014 11:10 PM
Why should I have to?  Why couldn't I classify them as "types" and then start a SG "type" at SF?  I just want to organize my roster in the order I'd like to see it.
6/10/2014 11:58 PM
Posted by trail on 6/10/2014 11:10:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dacj501 on 6/10/2014 10:41:00 PM (view original):
Well that still makes sense IMO. You are going to start a player at each position, so why wouldn't you designate them at that position? 
because the player I will probably start there isn't on my team yet, but I wanted to change my SG to SF... no big deal - not like I sent a ticket or anything, but it seemed relevant to the discussion...
6/11/2014 7:32 AM
I don't see an argument for this to be a requirement.  Before this implementation there were plenty of teams with no listed SF, for example.  What's the point of requiring it now?

Think about this other situation... Let's say you have a SF that you'd really like to list as a PF, but he's the only SF on your roster.  In order to make that player appear as you'd like, you have to change *someone else's* position.  That doesn't make any sense.

6/11/2014 8:15 AM
Completely agree with llama on this.  It kept me from being able to change my positions until after recruiting, because I didn't have a SF on the roster yet.  Just annoying and I don't see any benefit to it.
6/11/2014 9:40 AM
I can see that point of view then. I think it should work as the 5-player limit works: you can have less than 1 as long as you don't switch a player out of that position. 
6/11/2014 10:38 AM
What's your reason for disallowing it if a player is switched out?
6/11/2014 10:39 AM
Posted by killbatman on 6/11/2014 9:40:00 AM (view original):
Completely agree with llama on this.  It kept me from being able to change my positions until after recruiting, because I didn't have a SF on the roster yet.  Just annoying and I don't see any benefit to it.
happened to me as well; then there was such a short period to find time to do this, that i just neglected it for all of my teams. have seen 0 benefit from this change so far.
6/11/2014 2:15 PM
This guy is eligible for all 5 positions.  He isn't even that good.

whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx
6/16/2014 12:22 PM
Posted by sportsguy001 on 6/16/2014 12:23:00 PM (view original):

"He isn't even that good."

LOL okay
6/16/2014 2:02 PM
Posted by tkimble on 6/16/2014 2:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by sportsguy001 on 6/16/2014 12:23:00 PM (view original):

"He isn't even that good."

LOL okay
Sure he is good but Seble said he didn't find anyone in his testing that was eligible for all 5 positions.  I would assume Seble looked at guys much better than him.  
6/16/2014 7:05 PM
◂ Prev 1...10|11|12|13 Next ▸
Changing player positions Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.