What is and isnt reflected in Draft Big Board Topic

The release notes say:

• Added a new Draft Big Board page (located under the Postseason menu). This page will show the current ranking of draft prospects using mostly the same logic as the actual draft.
    Note: team season success and player national awards can impact draft status and are NOT included in the ranking for this page
5/28/2014 9:21 AM
So this raises some questions

1. Does the reference to NATIONAL awards having an effect that is not reflected imply that CONFERENCE awards dont have an effect?

2. Does the Big Board reflect player performance - as in stats?  I know that many many seasons ago EE was changed to greatly reduce the effect of stats - do they have any effect?  are they reflected? (stats were toned down in part because folks gamed the system by cutting minutes and distro for likely EEs)

3. what is the measure of team success?  I think it is how far you go in postseason, but I have seen guys leave teams that didnt make postseason.  rarely........Maybe team success is a plus factor but not a minus??

5/28/2014 9:24 AM (edited)
Hey fd.  I think if you look back at this thread, seble provides some answers that address your questions...   http://whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=477585&page=1

1) I don't believe any awards have an effect on the Draft Big Board.  This is not to say that awards don't have an impact on who declares, but it is not reflected in the big board.

2) The big board does not reflect player performance at all.  Seble has stated that stats only have an indirect effect in that they influence who receives awards. (Plus, he said that awards have a very small impact on who declares)

3) I believe team success is defined by your overall team success for the season.  IE: the same criteria that's used to determine whether your prestige goes up or down at the end of the season.  Obviously, if you make a deep NT run that means you had a very successful season.

Player ratings are by far the most influential factor determining who declares early.  These other factors are small in comparison.  

5/28/2014 2:34 PM
utah - that thread is useful - thanks for reminding me - esp statement by seble that

"stats are not directly a factor in anything draft related"

Note that in the thread you point to seble refers to "awards" but in the release notes he refers to "national awards" and says that those are not reflected in the Big Board.

Clear that National awards affect EE behavior.  Not clear to me whether conference awards have any effect on EE behavior. 
5/28/2014 2:45 PM
Yes, good point fd.  I'd like to know that as well.  
5/28/2014 3:12 PM
Posted by fd343ny on 5/28/2014 9:24:00 AM (view original):
So this raises some questions

1. Does the reference to NATIONAL awards having an effect that is not reflected imply that CONFERENCE awards dont have an effect?

2. Does the Big Board reflect player performance - as in stats?  I know that many many seasons ago EE was changed to greatly reduce the effect of stats - do they have any effect?  are they reflected? (stats were toned down in part because folks gamed the system by cutting minutes and distro for likely EEs)

3. what is the measure of team success?  I think it is how far you go in postseason, but I have seen guys leave teams that didnt make postseason.  rarely........Maybe team success is a plus factor but not a minus??

1. The Draft Big Board does not incorporate any awards.  In the actual draft logic that determines ranking, national awards are considered. Conference awards are not considered at all relative to draft.

2. Stats are not directly a factor in anything draft-related.  They only indirectly impact because they are a big factor in awards.  As mentioned, the Big Board does not factor in awards.

3. Measuring team success is the same logic that is used anywhere else in the game where we measure single season results for a team.  This incorporates the entire season of results, but postseason is a big part of it.

5/28/2014 3:49 PM
thank you!  and the Big Board is very cool - even cooler if you can make the columns sortable some time.....
5/28/2014 3:59 PM
Next release.
5/28/2014 5:00 PM
Why do some guys get drafted that aren't even listed on the big board?
Makes no sense at all...
5/28/2014 5:59 PM
see super analysis by stine

http://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?ForumID=30&TopicID=477783&page=-1&TopicsTimeframe=30#postBox
5/28/2014 8:47 PM
What is and isnt reflected in Draft Big Board Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.