best jobs, all levels? Topic

i have searched a little but not to extensively for this topic, so i apologize if i am being redundant, but i am attempting to research what the top jobs are on all levels.  if anybody has any ideas or theories to share please do.  thanks ahead of time.
6/8/2014 10:46 AM
no answer to your question
It depends on the world and what coaches are in each conference.
6/8/2014 10:57 AM
Any job that has not been touched by human hands ever...and there are only a few d1 jobs that remain that fit this requirement
6/8/2014 11:00 AM
This forum has some useful maps that can help you decide.
6/8/2014 11:01 AM
LSU
Palm Beach Atlantic
The D3 NYC schools

There's a couple other, this conversation pops up every now and then.
6/8/2014 11:23 AM
What are some good low-level D1 jobs?
6/8/2014 1:51 PM
It really does depend on who's around you. Texas, Tyler can be one of the best D3 jobs in the game if the SoCal is full and the ASC is empty. Emory can be one of the best jobs with an empty USA South. Colorado is awesome with an empty RMAC, not so great with a full RMAC. I expect Palm Beach Atlantic is similar (except sub "Sunshine" for "RMAC"). 
6/8/2014 1:59 PM
I really like Hawaii for a low level D1 job.. you can build it to a B range prestige in a few seasons and the recruiting engine gives you 1 or 2 good recruits in HI who nobody can challenge you for.
6/8/2014 2:22 PM
I agree. I think in D3 Colorado is one of the best jobs and maybe Texas, Tyler. I also have found recruiting to be fertile in the Midwest
6/8/2014 3:48 PM
I have heard that Colorado is also a good location at D1...you basically have the intramountain region to yourself as only BYU can approach the baseline once you build it up.
6/8/2014 10:54 PM
Posted by jck45 on 6/8/2014 2:22:00 PM (view original):
I really like Hawaii for a low level D1 job.. you can build it to a B range prestige in a few seasons and the recruiting engine gives you 1 or 2 good recruits in HI who nobody can challenge you for.
I'm not sure how you came up with this. Hawaii is generally bottom feeder, and most coaches that go there leave relatively quickly because of how hard it is to recruit there.
6/8/2014 11:54 PM
Posted by rednu on 6/8/2014 10:54:00 PM (view original):
I have heard that Colorado is also a good location at D1...you basically have the intramountain region to yourself as only BYU can approach the baseline once you build it up.
it totally depends, the MWC has pretty good baseline, i've seen the MWC in tark suck, and other times, have a few schools in the A range, which are definitely threads, as often you are going for players in the 200-360 range and often one of those a- or a schools will be local.

its as someone else said - its all hit or miss. texas a&m can suck if texas, baylor, oklahoma, and lsu are all really strong - surrounded in every direction! but if only say 1 of those are strong, you can pull in classes full of 5 stars without even trying. there are a ton of schools who fit this same mold - they could be awesome - they could suck. it just depends what level you are at, and what level those around you are at. 
6/9/2014 12:04 AM
DIII - Colorado and Palm Beach Atlantic as mentioned by previous posters.  DI - I think there are a number of excellent locations in the BCS conferences.

My personal favorite is DII Grand Canyon.  Get that school up to an A prestige and it can be awesome.
6/9/2014 12:56 AM
Posted by gillispie1 on 6/9/2014 12:04:00 AM (view original):
Posted by rednu on 6/8/2014 10:54:00 PM (view original):
it totally depends, the MWC has pretty good baseline, i've seen the MWC in tark suck, and other times, have a few schools in the A range, which are definitely threads, as often you are going for players in the 200-360 range and often one of those a- or a schools will be local.

its as someone else said - its all hit or miss. texas a&m can suck if texas, baylor, oklahoma, and lsu are all really strong - surrounded in every direction! but if only say 1 of those are strong, you can pull in classes full of 5 stars without even trying. there are a ton of schools who fit this same mold - they could be awesome - they could suck. it just depends what level you are at, and what level those around you are at. 
D1 is all about what conf are next to you. Colorado is great with MWC empty, a nightmare when you have Utah, Airforce, etc. all above B (Phelan)

Being the only A+ Texas team in the B12 is great, until you get a full CUSA where Rice/Tulsa/Houston are all battling you while Arkansas comes in every other year just because he feels like it (Rupp).

ACC must be the best with its high baseline. But then you have the suckers in ACC Wooden that send 2 teams every season and get stymied by a strong SEC, restricting most of the NC/SC/GA teams and a stacked Big East, making it impossible for Maryland/UVA/VA Tech to venture into PA. 

As for Hawaii, getting to B/B+ is no easy task. The myriad of CA teams with A/A+ will take all the worthwhile talent in Hawaii each season, leaving the Hawaii coach to gamble on internationals. 
6/9/2014 10:37 AM
best jobs, all levels? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.