Possible? Cosmetic Update - New Messages Topic

I've stopped reading messages.

Outside of scouting evals I don't open them.

It might be fun to crowd source a bunch of messages for when you make the NT, when you win, etc. For a lot of cases theres one message you get.

I dunno I'm bored.

6/9/2014 9:24 PM
I want to see the messages too!! Mainly just because I haven't made the NT :(
6/9/2014 9:42 PM
Tanner....good point.  The message change should be a 'swap out' of text and as you mentioned it a minor, cosmetic change.  However, its things like this that help to keep the game fresh for all coaches, especially those who have seen the same ones for so many seasons.

I like the idea!

6/10/2014 10:24 AM
the answer here is to run a contest - each week or each month WIS should invite suggested messages for a different specified situation - there are of course scores of situations - unhappy with minutes, happy with minutes, unhappy with redshirt, happy with redshirt, etc etc

Its a contest where the best submission gets a free season, but WIS gets to use whichever of the submissions it likes as new messages.

The messages would be fun, folks would get into it and we might see a new shabangggggg message
6/10/2014 10:51 AM
when you get super-long ones, you can try to figure out if oldave or gillispie wrote them!

6/10/2014 11:26 AM
Speaking of goofy messages, how about this one?

Hey Coach, good luck in the Conference Championship tonight - the guys are playing well. According to the latest RPI numbers, we're sitting at #1 - I think we *should* be a lock, win or lose, but hey, you hold fate in your hands...just one more game and we're dancing no matter what the committee thinks!

Again, congratulations and best of luck tonight,
Bruce Miller
Athletic Director
University of North Florida

Um... yeah, I THINK with the #1 RPI we MIGHT sneak into the dance.  Along with the recruit messages, the AD messages could use some help as well.
6/17/2014 9:56 AM
Posted by metsmax on 6/10/2014 10:51:00 AM (view original):
the answer here is to run a contest - each week or each month WIS should invite suggested messages for a different specified situation - there are of course scores of situations - unhappy with minutes, happy with minutes, unhappy with redshirt, happy with redshirt, etc etc

Its a contest where the best submission gets a free season, but WIS gets to use whichever of the submissions it likes as new messages.

The messages would be fun, folks would get into it and we might see a new shabangggggg message
For ineligibles-

Coach, that test is so hard the kid I  hired to take it for me failed too! Sorry.  By the way, can you tell Mr. Goldson from the booster club I need another $250 gift card?

6/17/2014 11:22 AM
For ineligibles-

Coach, that test is so hard the kid I  hired to take it for me failed too! Sorry.  By the way, can you tell Mr. Goldson from the booster club I need another $250 gift card?

winner, winner, chicken dinner!
6/17/2014 3:11 PM
foreign player messages in their native languages!
6/17/2014 6:19 PM
Posted by fd343ny on 6/17/2014 6:19:00 PM (view original):
foreign player messages in their native languages!
I really miss those "me love you long time" style messages.

Sometimes I would send a letter to a recruit I had no intentions of signing, just to see their response.  Funny enough, once they showed up to campus their emails were in perfect english!

6/17/2014 8:30 PM
You only coached at schools with high academic standards, clearly.  Taught them the language quickly.
6/18/2014 2:09 PM
Possible? Cosmetic Update - New Messages Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.