What does the Future scouting service provide besides a rating of potential?

How is the cost of the FSS for each state calculated? number of recruits in state X __?___= cost of service
6/16/2014 3:42 PM
It provides a 3 tier rating of potential - blue (high potential), black (average), red (low).

I have never heard exactly how the cost is determined, but yes - it's based on # recruits in the state - so the larger states cost more (i.e. NY, Texas, California, etc). This is probably obvious, but you can tell how much it costs before you buy the state.

There is a discount on price when you buy in bulk (10%, 15% and 20% ultimately).

The "word on the streets" (commonly abbreviated to WOTS) message can also be helpful in determining who has the lead on a player. This can be helpful in situations where a coach is considering a battle with another school and wants a sense as to whether or not they are in a back and forth battle with a different player (thus spending lots of their recruiting budget on that battle, giving you an opportunity in your potential battle to be).

It is absolutely essential to purchase FSS to have a good team.
6/16/2014 4:37 PM (edited)
Its about $6.50/recruit, but like Brian said, there are discounts.

There is also a minimum cost of $200/state.
6/16/2014 7:42 PM
The price per state is based on unsigned recruits, so once signings begin the price drops steadily until the end of signings.

6/16/2014 11:40 PM
Posted by ethan66 on 6/16/2014 11:40:00 PM (view original):
The price per state is based on unsigned recruits, so once signings begin the price drops steadily until the end of signings.

I did not know that, but that is a great piece of information considering I usually sit back for a few cycles.  Thanks Ethan!
6/17/2014 1:35 AM
I use to actually take time and figure out what the cost per recruit would be that I'd actually consider per state.   Maybe State A has 100 recruits but i'd only consider 20 of them.. do i want to pay $700 for 20 recruits ($35 a recruit) ?? Or would it be more cost effective to scout a state with say 150 recruits that might be $1000 but i'd be interested in 40 of those guys for $25/recruit..  Now i'm just too lazy and don't have time for it lol..

6/17/2014 1:52 PM
Posted by cjones4mvp on 6/17/2014 1:52:00 PM (view original):
I use to actually take time and figure out what the cost per recruit would be that I'd actually consider per state.   Maybe State A has 100 recruits but i'd only consider 20 of them.. do i want to pay $700 for 20 recruits ($35 a recruit) ?? Or would it be more cost effective to scout a state with say 150 recruits that might be $1000 but i'd be interested in 40 of those guys for $25/recruit..  Now i'm just too lazy and don't have time for it lol..

I do something like this, I do a once over of all recruits within 400/200 miles (depending on D2/D3) and build a large recruiting list, then I break them down for each state and in some cases i'd be sitting on 1 or 2 recruits in 1 state and 6+ in another and it makes it easier to pay for those recruits and drop others off. I have about 4-5 stages during the season where I constantly review and move recruits once a week and keep my list consistently fresh. Recruiting never stops.

6/17/2014 2:08 PM
I don't even look at recruits until I have FSS.  It seems nuts to me - that 35 ATH rating you see might mean 35 or it might mean 55+.  That 50 PER - is that 50 or 70+?  FSS makes all the difference in the world.
6/17/2014 3:08 PM
I think FSS is a great tool and does let you know whether a guy is a high in something and I put it to good use. I also put a lot of value in the scouting trip to determine if they are a high-high in a category.
6/18/2014 9:27 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.