Can this guy be a solid D1 BCS Point Guard? Topic

I am looking at potential positions for next season and looking at my roster I am not thrilled with my options (returning players). 

Would this guy do well as a PG or would he be overmatched due to his lower SPD? Profile Page

Also if it helps this is my team 

Thanks in advance!
6/17/2014 11:19 PM
In my opinion this looks like one of those 3 men that you could realistically play at any position on the floor and get a way with it. I would say hes best suited on the wing but I personally wouldnt have any problem sliding him in at point guard. Speed isnt exactly ideal but makes up for it with ath, def, bh and passing. Rebounding is the wild card here. It definitely wouldnt hurt you that your point guard can board like that but you probably wouldnt get the full benefit of his rebounding skill. Sounds like this is a good problem to have!
6/17/2014 11:44 PM
I think he can handle the position in a BCS conference and be successful, but I would still put a high priority on recruiting a high-caliber PG if you possibly can.  In that case he can slot in as the SF and 2nd backup post.  Or at least you can switch to that configuration by the postseason with your new PG slotting in later in the season.  But if you're only gonna get one ****/***** recruit, and it's a lot easier to get a post, he can handle it.
6/18/2014 2:52 AM
ive played plenty of guys like that at PG and had them perform very well.  like dahs said, there may be other configurations that make more sense, but he's not going to kill you there if you need him
6/18/2014 10:09 AM
Posted by gvsujulius on 6/17/2014 11:20:00 PM (view original):
I am looking at potential positions for next season and looking at my roster I am not thrilled with my options (returning players). 

Would this guy do well as a PG or would he be overmatched due to his lower SPD? Profile Page

Thanks in advance!
he will be fine, actually, him at PG will be one of the bright spots on your team. that speed isn't an issue at all, not with that ath/def. 
6/19/2014 10:33 AM
It might be nice, in a man defense, to have the freedom to float that guy around and try to play him against every opponent's best scorer.  He has the ratings flexibility to succeed at any position 1-5, though his rebounding is somewhat sub-par for the post positions.  It's good enough.  With the current roster you lack that flexibility because you don't have another guy who's really capable of handling the 1 successfully.  Your next-best option is also a SF and even slower.  As of right now you don't appear to be recruiting a PG.  If you don't find one, again, Piccolo will do a very good job.  But you lose the flexibility.  And you may not get as much out of him, rebounding and scoring-wise, playing the 1 as you would at the 3.  Not that he's an elite scorer anywhere...
6/19/2014 12:20 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 6/19/2014 10:33:00 AM (view original):
Posted by gvsujulius on 6/17/2014 11:20:00 PM (view original):

Thanks in advance!
he will be fine, actually, him at PG will be one of the bright spots on your team. that speed isn't an issue at all, not with that ath/def. 
yep
6/19/2014 1:14 PM
Can this guy be a solid D1 BCS Point Guard? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.