Established teams coming free soon Topic

Gang, I'm moving so I'm giving up the following established teams in three worlds so that I'm not ghostshipping them while in transit and getting set up in a new locale.  All are in full/mostly full conferences with great crops of coaches so I'm hoping someone will step to the plate and build on what I'll leave in place:

Allen -- Cal. St. San Bernardino (D2)....triangle/man...you'll play in a conference with 9 other human coached teams, two of whom played each other in last night's Final Four and another who made the Elite Eight before dropping out. Team currently has a B+ prestige and, after going 3 rounds deep into the PIT, probably will remain there when the world rolls over tonight. Classes are currently balanced at 3-3-3-3, so you'll have 3 scholarships to fill, a ton of postseason bonus cash and pretty much every LA-area recruit you could ever want within your 70-mile circle. See what's coming back here

Iba -- Hanover (D3)...motion/man...Going out on a high note as Hanover won its first conference title in 47 seasons and is currently 20-6 entering the conference tournament. Nine other humans in the league, including your chance to match wits with the HD legend alblack56. I won't lie...I had a bad recruiting cycle a couple years back, so of the three teams this is the one that probably needs the most help. That said, the cupboard isn't bare and you'll have 4 scholarships to fill in recruiting. Roster can be seen here.

Rupp -- W. New England (D3)...motion/press...It'll be a while before this one frees up as we're only at the midway point of the non-conference season, but I'll announce it now anyhow. Your chance to play in probably the most active and one of the most challenging D3 worlds out there (I haven't played in Wooden, so I can't draw comparisons, but it certainly isn't for the faint of heart). Great banter thread for D3 in the Rupp forum each season with lots of regular contributors. The team is currently ranked No. 25 and will be returning all but 2 players to the roster next season (although you're free to wield the axe). The New England region is a meat grinder to recruit in, so you'll probably get to know your fellow coaches by tripping over them on the blue chip trail. Nine other human coaches in a league once renowned for being the Evil Empire and now trying to steal the title back. Roster available here.

I might also have to drop my D2 team in Naismith (Missouri St. Louis), but I'm being stubborn for now as that's my original HD world. Will update the thread if that turnos out to be untenable.

Not leaving the game -- just need to step away and allow my life to reset in new surroundings before I wander back in a couple seasons/months. Don't want to see the guys in these great conferences get saddled with the Sim AI anchor on any of these programs. 
6/23/2014 6:18 PM
From my own experience, I would say that Wooden D3 is slightly tougher than Rupp, but Rupp is way more active. 
6/23/2014 6:24 PM
Joe Barely Cares
6/23/2014 11:52 PM
Ironic statement from colonels, who keeps posting about his video gaming experiences and his own ranking systems.

www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx

6/24/2014 12:56 AM
Posted by stinenavy on 6/24/2014 12:56:00 AM (view original):
Ironic statement from colonels, who keeps posting about his video gaming experiences and his own ranking systems.

I'm only laughing because I empathize with all sides of this situation...I love this place.
6/24/2014 3:09 AM
Posted by colonels19 on 6/23/2014 11:52:00 PM (view original):
Joe Barely Cares
Then Joe can walk himself to the next thread. Problem solved.
6/24/2014 4:33 AM
I vote for Hanover. Our conference is, season-by-season, the toughest in Iba DIII.
6/24/2014 5:41 AM
I was kidding and my threads are in there proper spots
6/24/2014 8:26 AM
Posted by colonels19 on 6/24/2014 8:26:00 AM (view original):
I was kidding and my threads are in there proper spots
Joe barely cares about grammar.
6/24/2014 5:47 PM
Joe hopes Rednu comes back soon. Joe finds Rednu funny and likes his D3 Wooden posts.
6/24/2014 7:04 PM
Joe thinks rednu ought to pick up a team in the Rupp D3 Northwest conference when he returns from his hiatus.
6/24/2014 7:06 PM
Was on my phone and had to say something quick to stop the flow of tears here...
6/24/2014 8:53 PM
Trentonjoe is the only Joe who matters. 
6/25/2014 11:18 AM
TrentonJoe is only an average Joe
6/25/2014 7:07 PM
Pretty tough to give up that #1 team in Naismith!
6/27/2014 11:04 PM
Established teams coming free soon Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.