Need some advice about what I could have done Topic

to change a game outcome.
Last game I lose in OT, but I have a 3 pt lead with 9 seconds to go, and give up an O board to a center with a 33 PE rating who gets that board with 3 seconds left and somehow drains a 3 pt shot with 1 second left.
Disparity between halves has been a problem for my squad all season. Not sure what else I can do with the talent I have on hand.
Any thoughts?

6/24/2014 4:28 AM
Just starting myself but to compensate for some of those changes from half to half I have changed the halftime adjust to only when losing. It seems when I lead and there is an adjustment, I end up losing. If the 2nd half is a problem you might work on increasing the stamina of your players with extra conditioning.
6/24/2014 4:48 PM
Did you mean perimeter rating? Not to upset you even more , but that C has a 5 perimeter rating. Anyway, you just have to be patient. You've only been there a few seasons. Plus your classes are uneven.  Your players are pretty young. 

You'll do a lot more damage when those 6 sophomores are seniors.
6/24/2014 5:54 PM
Why do you have players like Travis Leighty, James Losada, and Jerry Buterbaugh playing off the bench?
6/24/2014 9:33 PM
Posted by osgonlz on 6/24/2014 5:54:00 PM (view original):
Did you mean perimeter rating? Not to upset you even more , but that C has a 5 perimeter rating. Anyway, you just have to be patient. You've only been there a few seasons. Plus your classes are uneven.  Your players are pretty young. 

I got frustrated with this game. 2 seconds between O rebound and 3 pt shot by a center just had me seeing red. Thanks for looking at the game, though.
6/25/2014 1:58 AM
Posted by metsmaniac2 on 6/24/2014 9:33:00 PM (view original):
Why do you have players like Travis Leighty, James Losada, and Jerry Buterbaugh playing off the bench?
Depends on the matchup. Travis plays crappy D and tends to foul against quality guards. A lot. When he has a matchup where I think he can stay on the court longest, he starts. Whe he doesn't, he comes of the bench. The drawback in close games is obvious, as the SIM will pull him for a lesser scoring guard. It's one of the things I hate about this SIM. I'd love to have control over last two minutes lineups. Same with the other two.

6/25/2014 2:04 AM

I think it was a lucky shot and the speed of their center got him just open enough to make it. Those shots happen but if you had a bigger lead it wouldn't have mattered. Up the distribution on your interior players on offense. Make their interior defenders (very weak at C on defense) wear down defending you and dominate the PIP. That's where they really beat you.

6/25/2014 11:52 AM
Posted by tcplotts on 6/25/2014 1:58:00 AM (view original):

I got frustrated with this game. 2 seconds between O rebound and 3 pt shot by a center just had me seeing red. Thanks for looking at the game, though.
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but the play-by-play is just window dressing. The engine runs the simulation, generates the score and player stats, then fills in the play-by-play.
6/25/2014 2:29 PM
Posted by eflhoca on 6/25/2014 2:29:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tcplotts on 6/25/2014 1:58:00 AM (view original):

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but the play-by-play is just window dressing. The engine runs the simulation, generates the score and player stats, then fills in the play-by-play.
You're wrong.
6/25/2014 2:51 PM
Need some advice about what I could have done Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.