Study Hall for players who had a redshirt year Topic

For SH needs, are they treated as their class of eligibility or are they recognized as having one more year of studies behind them--more mature?

I'm (mostly) following that SH formula based on class and (duh) don't want to waste practice minutes.
7/10/2014 6:03 AM
They are more mature.

The vast majority (80%+) of all non first year players don't need any SH minutes.
7/10/2014 8:02 AM
Thanks, Trentonjoe
7/10/2014 8:13 AM
I've actually found them to be more correlated to their class of eligibility.  Freshmen who have already been R/S still struggle with grades as if they've never had that R/S year.  At least that's been my experience.
7/10/2014 11:27 AM
Posted by jdno on 7/10/2014 11:27:00 AM (view original):
I've actually found them to be more correlated to their class of eligibility.  Freshmen who have already been R/S still struggle with grades as if they've never had that R/S year.  At least that's been my experience.
i agree with this... im pretty sure CS has said the same as well
7/10/2014 11:38 AM
I'll pay more attention to this but that hasn't been what I found.

I am basing my statement on pretty frequent use of ineligibles and a questionable ability to recall information.

I'll start tracking this if I can remember to!
7/10/2014 12:41 PM
I had an international junior that needed 11 minutes in study hall otherwise he was at risk 2.1 and had dropped from a 2.5 from start of season when I stuck him at a low 5 minutes. After increasing to about 8/9 minutes he moved to a 2.2 but I pushed him to 11 minutes and he went back above 2.5....

Does internationals have a harder time? It seemed like it for this player
7/10/2014 1:09 PM
Study Hall for players who had a redshirt year Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.