Lebron to CAVS...somebody wake-up bistiza Topic

"When asked what he wanted for lunch," James responded with, "I want a tuna fish sandwich on rye, extra mayo please."

If I could bold on my Chromebook I would but I think you see where I am going with this.
7/17/2014 11:47 AM
Haven't been to the forums for months, pop in, and my name is in a thread title!

(My name is on your thread! My name is on your thread! And just in case you wondered, no, I'm not dead!)

Things have changed for me in the past several months. I used to be somewhat bitter and had time to vent on here. Now I'm
not so bitter and don't have as much time to vent on here. Hence, I don't visit or post much, and I'm nicer when I do. :-)

My thoughts on LeBron's return to Cleveland:

Now that he got to team up with his two buddies to form a veritable All-Star team and won two titles, the championship monkey is off his own back, and he feels like he can do what he wants. There is no pressure to win a title for him personally. Sure, he'd love to win one every year, but the weight is off his shoulders. He has two rings no matter what.

I think this happened:

Miami is on the verge of not being as good, and they lost another finals (as many as they've won). LeBron decided a change of scenery would be nice - if he could find a better team to go to. He knew Cleveland was calling, and he saw some promise looking at the roster. That's not what made up his mind, though.

He knew the way he left made him a hated man by many in a region where he was born and raised, and that is not the legacy he wanted to leave. I'm sure more than one person told him "If you come back, you'll be loved again, and if you win even one title in Cleveland, most people will adore you so much they'll never remember how much they hated you when you left."

LeBron broke the cardinal rule of "don't **** where you live", but now he's coming back and not only trying to clean up his mess, but trying to plant some nice flower gardens in its place. Even without a title, he'll have a better legacy in his hometown region. If he wins even ONE title in Cleveland, only the most passionate of haters will continue hating, and very few people will ever mention his leaving for Miami.

I said it before and I'll say it again: Leading Cleveland to ONE title will gain LeBron more love in that region than winning, well, not two, not three, not four, not five, not six, not seven would in Miami.

7/19/2014 6:55 PM
Posted by bistiza on 7/19/2014 6:55:00 PM (view original):
Haven't been to the forums for months, pop in, and my name is in a thread title!

(My name is on your thread! My name is on your thread! And just in case you wondered, no, I'm not dead!)

Things have changed for me in the past several months. I used to be somewhat bitter and had time to vent on here. Now I'm
not so bitter and don't have as much time to vent on here. Hence, I don't visit or post much, and I'm nicer when I do. :-)

Now that he got to team up with his two buddies to form a veritable All-Star team and won two titles, the championship monkey is off his own back, and he feels like he can do what he wants. There is no pressure to win a title for him personally. Sure, he'd love to win one every year, but the weight is off his shoulders. He has two rings no matter what.

I think this happened:

Miami is on the verge of not being as good, and they lost another finals (as many as they've won). LeBron decided a change of scenery would be nice - if he could find a better team to go to. He knew Cleveland was calling, and he saw some promise looking at the roster. That's not what made up his mind, though.

He knew the way he left made him a hated man by many in a region where he was born and raised, and that is not the legacy he wanted to leave. I'm sure more than one person told him "If you come back, you'll be loved again, and if you win even one title in Cleveland, most people will adore you so much they'll never remember how much they hated you when you left."

LeBron broke the cardinal rule of "don't **** where you live", but now he's coming back and not only trying to clean up his mess, but trying to plant some nice flower gardens in its place. Even without a title, he'll have a better legacy in his hometown region. If he wins even ONE title in Cleveland, only the most passionate of haters will continue hating, and very few people will ever mention his leaving for Miami.

I said it before and I'll say it again: Leading Cleveland to ONE title will gain LeBron more love in that region than winning, well, not two, not three, not four, not five, not six, not seven would in Miami.

+1
One of the best responses I've read on the Forums in quite some time, regardless of thread topic.
7/19/2014 7:09 PM
Posted by bistiza on 7/19/2014 6:55:00 PM (view original):

I think this happened:

hahaha, hey brah, you got some tight rhymes......nicely put.
7/19/2014 10:04 PM
◂ Prev 1234
Lebron to CAVS...somebody wake-up bistiza Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.