Greatest Collection of Coaches to Coach at 1 Schoo Topic

What school (in only one world!) has has the greatest collection of coaches to ever coach there? I looked around Knight and Colorado looks pretty good- 3 coaches with a combined 15 titles, but I'm sure that's FAR from the greatest. Can anyone point me towards the best collection of coaches to ever coach at a school?
7/22/2014 1:17 PM
15 titles just at colorado!?!? wow, that is amazing. i didn't think more than a couple programs had gotten to 10.
7/22/2014 1:48 PM
oh wait... i forgot i co-coach a team in knight. i see what you mean, between those guys total. are you only counting coaches who won a title there, or anyone whoever coached? hmm, im sure some of the UNCs have ridiculous lineups, if i remember correctly. acc allen would be a great place to start.

unc in tark is currently manned by the great johnsensing, and was also coached by kmason, swiners, mlatsko, saccflgod (who all have multiple titles), and bdub13 whose career i am not familiar with.
- john is easily one of the top half dozen or so d1 coaches of the new engine era, kmason is a beast with a half dozen or so titles, and swiners, mlat, and saccflgod are well known in the worlds they played in, for their excellence in coaching. those 5 in a division would be killer. maybe a good metric isn't # of titles, but how hard a division it would be to play in, if you packed the top 6 coaches from a school into that division?

texas a&m in tark had a pretty good lineup. oldest to newest (just listing titles shown on the account for the coaches who aren't well known on the forums), was coached by cyoung (1 title), airjare (3 titles), majresorter, me as gillispie, scalijay (0 titles), me again as gillispie1, cedarberry (1 title), emy, kimball (3 titles), and finally bucky0012 (0 titles).
- i'm not sure if i would count once or twice because of different IDs, but a division with myself (o, emy, maj, kimball, airjare, and cedarberry or cyoung would be downright nasty. its about 50 titles between those folks, if that matters.

im sure there are better out there than both of these, but probably a decent starting point. some could say uconn in tark with just oldresorter takes the cake ;) i think its cool that at texas a&m in tark,  there are 7 titles won from 5 different IDs (counting both of mine IDs, they were not consecutive, does that count?). a twist on the original question is, instead of just who the greatest collection of coaches are, how many different coaches (or IDs) have won at a given school, that would be interesting (somewhere in land far, far away, chapel and his minions are already furiously generating the list ;)
7/22/2014 2:11 PM
Wooden NCWC has had killbatman, ARomano, and jsajsa.

That's a lot of national titles.
7/22/2014 2:52 PM
Wouldn't the best place to start be checking on the other people to coach at all the places OR is coaching? I mean, he's more than doubled that 15 total by himself. If another really good coach had been at any of his other schools, that puts them in the driver's seat right?
7/22/2014 2:54 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 7/22/2014 2:12:00 PM (view original):
oh wait... i forgot i co-coach a team in knight. i see what you mean, between those guys total. are you only counting coaches who won a title there, or anyone whoever coached? hmm, im sure some of the UNCs have ridiculous lineups, if i remember correctly. acc allen would be a great place to start.

unc in tark is currently manned by the great johnsensing, and was also coached by kmason, swiners, mlatsko, saccflgod (who all have multiple titles), and bdub13 whose career i am not familiar with.
- john is easily one of the top half dozen or so d1 coaches of the new engine era, kmason is a beast with a half dozen or so titles, and swiners, mlat, and saccflgod are well known in the worlds they played in, for their excellence in coaching. those 5 in a division would be killer. maybe a good metric isn't # of titles, but how hard a division it would be to play in, if you packed the top 6 coaches from a school into that division?

texas a&m in tark had a pretty good lineup. oldest to newest (just listing titles shown on the account for the coaches who aren't well known on the forums), was coached by cyoung (1 title), airjare (3 titles), majresorter, me as gillispie, scalijay (0 titles), me again as gillispie1, cedarberry (1 title), emy, kimball (3 titles), and finally bucky0012 (0 titles).
- i'm not sure if i would count once or twice because of different IDs, but a division with myself (o, emy, maj, kimball, airjare, and cedarberry or cyoung would be downright nasty. its about 50 titles between those folks, if that matters.

im sure there are better out there than both of these, but probably a decent starting point. some could say uconn in tark with just oldresorter takes the cake ;) i think its cool that at texas a&m in tark,  there are 7 titles won from 5 different IDs (counting both of mine IDs, they were not consecutive, does that count?). a twist on the original question is, instead of just who the greatest collection of coaches are, how many different coaches (or IDs) have won at a given school, that would be interesting (somewhere in land far, far away, chapel and his minions are already furiously generating the list ;)
Hey, give me some of that A&M credit, I won a title there in my short stay.  In fact, wasn't it a South Carolina team of yours that I beat by a point to win that thing?  :^)  Seem to recall that the Final Four the following season was the same teams, with the same coaches (different matchups between the teams though) and that you knocked me out of the semis and won the big trophy.  Is my memory still good because I'm a little too lazy to look that up right now?
7/22/2014 2:57 PM
emy, i did include you in there! you can see emy in there a couple times i think. although there is some funky typo near one of them.
7/22/2014 4:19 PM
Greatest Collection of Coaches to Coach at 1 Schoo Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.