Early Entries For My Team Topic

On my Texas team I have five seniors and a walk-on.  Am I correct in assuming only one player can declare for the draft?
7/23/2014 2:30 PM
I thought any number of players can declare? but im a noob
7/23/2014 2:44 PM
Yes you are correct. One of your players has eligibility for a 5th year, but since he's listed as a SR I'm quite sure he counts as a SR, instead of a JR in terms of EE.
7/23/2014 3:02 PM
Yes pokes ...you suck! :)
7/23/2014 3:03 PM
My understanding is your are limited to losing a maximum of 6 players in any season which would include EEs but that restriction does not count any type of 1 year player (either walk ons or SR transfers).

Since the OP's Texas team seems to have an ineligible qualified for a 5th season, it looks like they will only lose 4 seniors that would qualify against that 6 player limit, therefore he would be eligible to lose 2 to EE (which could include his ineligible senior).
7/23/2014 5:51 PM
As I said above, I think the IE SR counts as a SR, so I think he can only lose 1. This would probably prove it one way or another. Keep us updated.
7/23/2014 7:11 PM
Posted by stinenavy on 7/23/2014 7:11:00 PM (view original):
As I said above, I think the IE SR counts as a SR, so I think he can only lose 1. This would probably prove it one way or another. Keep us updated.
Well unless the OP loses two to EEs, losing any less than that won't be definitive since he could lose two (but could also just lose 1 or zero).

I think Seble stated that its all about how many players leave at the end of the season (not about how many seniors you have in your class at the start).  I think if a non-senior player leaves due to lack of minutes, that would count towards the 6 player limit but an ineligible senior who stays for his 5th season will not.
7/24/2014 12:14 AM
As of last night's update, I have #2 and #3 on the Big Draft Board.  Both are obviously saying "Likely Going."  I'm fairly certain if I can lose two EEs, I will.  I'll definitely post the results here.
7/24/2014 9:26 AM
is the former nonqualifier one of the guys high on hthe Big Board?
7/24/2014 12:23 PM
No he's not.  The nonqualifier will more than likely not get drafted.
7/24/2014 4:53 PM
It is interesting what order the logic handles this stuff

does it FIRST decide whether the nonqualifier will stay for SR%5?  that isnt an EE question.  I bet that happens first.  Most nonqualifiers who hit the grades stay.

IF he stays for SR5, trhen you have 4 regular seniors grsduating and can have 2 EE
7/24/2014 7:35 PM
Posted by fd343ny on 7/24/2014 7:35:00 PM (view original):
It is interesting what order the logic handles this stuff

does it FIRST decide whether the nonqualifier will stay for SR%5?  that isnt an EE question.  I bet that happens first.  Most nonqualifiers who hit the grades stay.

IF he stays for SR5, trhen you have 4 regular seniors grsduating and can have 2 EE
i think this is correct, i would be pretty surprised if the non qualifier counted as a graduating player when they in fact were not graduating.
7/25/2014 2:35 AM
pretty sure you will lose 2.
7/25/2014 9:38 AM
I'm sticking with you losing one, I don't think the EE system is developed as intricately as widely believed here.
7/25/2014 11:31 AM
Well in Seble's development blog, I found this post in June 2012 about the changes to the EE logic:

Just a quick update: I've been doing some further testing on the rule that prevents early entries once a team has lost 5 players already.  After my testing, and the forum feedback, I've decided to bump up the number to 6.  That change should lead to more underclassmen leaving.

I'm still considering tweaks to account for senior transfers, but haven't made a decision yet on that.

A few hours later in his next post, he states:

I've decided to exclude all senior transfers from the count of leaving players with regards to the previous post.

Notice that he doesn't mention class except for the senior transfers.  I do believe though that it has to be a player that has a scholarship so walk-ons are excluded as well (but players leaving due to lack of minutes would be included).
7/25/2014 12:48 PM
12 Next ▸
Early Entries For My Team Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.