im playing a human that runs press what should Ido Topic

I normally run uptempo but his defense avg is 50 he has decent speed and all his players are close to 600 he runs a fullcourt press and has 12 good players
should I run slow down, normal, or uptempo
Defensively I run man to man and Im going to 0 or -1 he is well balanced

7/26/2014 7:03 PM
any suggestions
7/26/2014 7:04 PM
Can't answer without more info... Is his bench way worse than his starting lineup? Are your guards high in BH and IQ? Are you the home team? Is your overall talent level at least equal to his?

If the answer to all of the above is yes, then by all means go uptempo. If the answer to all of these is no, then run slowdown and sacrifice a live goat to the RNG gods at midnight. Any combination of some yes and some no answers and you've got more of a dilemma on your hands.

One other thing... If you have a really good inside scorer, running uptempo against FCP and giving him a huge share of the distro will frequently get the opposing bigs in foul trouble. I think high LP guys have more luck than high PE guys against FCP, other things being equal.
7/26/2014 7:16 PM
im Capital
he's Muskingum
Tarkanian
Its a neutral site
I have center 100 lp and 98 rebounding
7/26/2014 7:26 PM
Posted by davis on 7/26/2014 7:16:00 PM (view original):
Can't answer without more info... Is his bench way worse than his starting lineup? Are your guards high in BH and IQ? Are you the home team? Is your overall talent level at least equal to his?

If the answer to all of the above is yes, then by all means go uptempo. If the answer to all of these is no, then run slowdown and sacrifice a live goat to the RNG gods at midnight. Any combination of some yes and some no answers and you've got more of a dilemma on your hands.

One other thing... If you have a really good inside scorer, running uptempo against FCP and giving him a huge share of the distro will frequently get the opposing bigs in foul trouble. I think high LP guys have more luck than high PE guys against FCP, other things being equal.
Thats a pretty solid answer from davis.

I just checked the team in question and he has 7 freshman on that FCP team.  Earlier in the year, with possibly bad press IQ, i would have definitely gone uptempo against him to exploit the offense/defense iq difference and get him into foul trouble.  His defenders are all C+ or better but most of your guys are A/B so there is hope of getting him into foul trouble.  His stamina however is pretty stellar (73 overall) for a d3 team so you may not be able to wear him down even with your  80 team stamina.  Feeding off davis' answer about high LP guys.  Your guy, Reasoner has 100 LP even with 30 Ath he should still be able to score at a good clip i would imagine.

7/26/2014 7:36 PM
thank you guys for the help
7/26/2014 7:38 PM
check your sitemail
7/26/2014 7:52 PM
I consider 73 below par actually. I would consider my greater team stam as a plus on my side, esp against press.
7/26/2014 8:18 PM
Great advice everyone I appreciate it
7/26/2014 9:40 PM
Sorry to see that you lost... it looks like just one of those weird cases where his team got to the FT line a lot and once there they shot better then their grades would predict.
7/27/2014 4:39 PM
im playing a human that runs press what should Ido Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.