Have what it takes in NT Topic

Does this team have a shot of making a deep run in the NT this year or am I just hoping to much?
http://www.whatifsports.com/hd/TeamProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=14324
7/28/2014 8:45 AM
It's hard to say.  You have 3 freshmen and 3 sophomores. It's more difficult for young teams to make a deep run. 

You've had some close games, including a loss, vs. Sim teams.  Generally,  Final Four teams have dominated their Sim opponents. 

On the other hand, you've defeated some good teams as well. 

If the pairings go well for you, you could have a nice NT.  But you could also go out in the first round
7/28/2014 9:05 AM
No you dont.   Your record/rpi is a product of your schedule.

Id expect a S16 appearance at best, but more likely 2nd round.  But alot depends on the brackets.
7/28/2014 10:40 AM
Yeah, I would say 2nd round/ S16. Good defensive teams with average offense usually lose to really good defensive teams with above average offense in the the NT. Just ask me about it, I am the F'in master of losing in the NT!
7/28/2014 11:18 AM
I've been so intense in recruiting for a zone about def., reb., who pairs with who that I forgot that I missed some offensive talent.  I've been reading and calculating all the averages that my def. and reb. and SB I did good in and lost track. Isn't  it true that you don't need a superstar in motion offense, but just real good scorers blended together.  Thanks for the input guys
7/28/2014 1:04 PM
That's also a very slow team. You might make it to S16 but is also an upset target in the 1st round. 
7/28/2014 1:38 PM
I'm with Tianyi, I think the team is going to get burned by the first team you face that has really speedy guards (especially if they have decent PE ratings to go with the SPD).  With luck you won't see such a team until after the first couple of rounds, but with an unfortunate draw it could happen very early.
7/28/2014 1:52 PM
I would tend to concur with the rest of these guys and say that I'd be surprised if you made it past the S16 and wouldn't be shocked in the least if you went out in the first round.
7/28/2014 2:19 PM
Thanks guys. Zone was the hardest of the defenses for me to figure out. Now I got to put together good def. with a good off.  Does SP or ATH mean more in a zone?
7/28/2014 3:25 PM
It's basically the same as with the other defenses.  Ath is more important for your bigs and Spd for your guards. 
7/29/2014 6:26 PM
emy, Can you explain I was always told ath and def, sp and per. Also ath more so in fcp. Trust trying to understand more completely. Ath and lp on offensive and speed in guards.
7/29/2014 7:07 PM
everybody's summed it up, solid defense but average offense, I  will say however defense wins championships, You wont have trouble on the defensive side of the ball but finding your points is an entirely different problem
7/29/2014 7:40 PM
Have what it takes in NT Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.