Draft Big Board + Outlook Topic

I think it is clear that the statements in Outlook are probabilities and not absolutes.

One could study this by looking at several seasons in several worlds.  Divide players by outlook status and then also group them by their rank in the Big Board - say groups of ten - kids in the top ten, second ten, etc.

Then take all the top ten kids in several worlds, all the second ten kids, etc.  Calculate in each of those groups what percentage of each Outlook status go EE.  If the system works, one hopes that the percentages follow the outlook indications.

I have not done such a study.

8/5/2014 6:24 PM
Posted by tianyi7886 on 8/5/2014 12:40:00 PM (view original):
The guy had no honors, 2.7 ppg, 5.3rpg. It's all based on final draft board rankings. Outlook doesn't mean anything from the CC response. It really doesn't make much sense to even have the outlook on there. 
My two guys that left early were never on the draft board.
8/5/2014 6:36 PM
Im ****** so im gonna do some complaining!

On my Louisiana Monroe team I lost Ronald Bader in Smith. He was never on the big board, and I was knocked out of the PI in round 1. He ended up being 2nd Team All American so I guess that may have affected it. He most definitely has the ratings to have been on any D1 team, but I did not think I had any chance of losing him. But I have a feeling he is gonna end up being near the end of rd 2. 

RONALD COME BACK TO ME. I NEED YOU. 
10/8/2014 7:30 AM
Posted by indiansrck27 on 10/8/2014 7:30:00 AM (view original):

On my Louisiana Monroe team I lost Ronald Bader in Smith. He was never on the big board, and I was knocked out of the PI in round 1. He ended up being 2nd Team All American so I guess that may have affected it. He most definitely has the ratings to have been on any D1 team, but I did not think I had any chance of losing him. But I have a feeling he is gonna end up being near the end of rd 2. 

Certainly worthy of an EE but your team at D+ prestige makes this questionable. 
10/9/2014 12:13 AM
Posted by indiansrck27 on 10/8/2014 7:30:00 AM (view original):

Please post where he ends up in the draft.
10/9/2014 2:06 PM
He was drafted 51st.
10/10/2014 10:01 AM
◂ Prev 12
Draft Big Board + Outlook Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.