Anyone ever track free throw potential? i signed a freshman on my SEOSU team who started with a B- FT grade and average potential (i didn't record his HS FT%). i redshirted him and he maintained a B- throughout the rs season. after the season rolled over, he came back with a red B-. so, has anyone tracked what average, high and low potential mean for FT grades? 
8/4/2014 2:40 PM
in my experience, avg potential usually improves one or two third-letter grades (for instance, C+ to B- or B). The most improvement I've ever seen from avg potential is one full letter grade. 

The highest improvement I've ever seen period was from D to B+
8/4/2014 2:48 PM
So under iguana's 3 points for each third of a letter grade model, I'm guessing that average potential carries an improvement of something like 3 to 7 percentage points, low is 0-3, and high is 7+. That's just a guess though, I am open to correction. 
8/4/2014 2:58 PM
The highest potential I've had was a kid move from C- to A (so seven 1/3 letter improvements, just like tavolon's case), but he was still black in potential when he left early as an EE, so I think maybe eight 1/3 letter improvements might be the max.
8/5/2014 1:24 PM
I've tracked improvement using the player's high school FT% as a baseline. Since I've started tracking, my players with high FT potential are finishing their college careers 12% higher than their high school FT%. For average potential it's 4% higher, and for low potential it's 5% lower than HS. Not sure if that's the best metric or not, but maybe someone will find it useful...
8/5/2014 1:39 PM
i'll update this when the ft potential maxes out. if it remains at b-, i will be disappointed. 
8/5/2014 5:18 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.