Be able to see projected level in summary Topic

It would be fantastic to see where they are projected for in recruiting summary as I generally do not remember each recruits projected level between D2/3 as then I usually have to search for them to determine how I approach recruiting them, which is just a minor inconvenience.
8/19/2014 7:18 PM
I designate the "low priority" category exclusively for pulldowns.  As soon as I get the message that they are a pull down, I will put them there.
8/19/2014 8:50 PM
i do something similar, but use medium for players that i am checking for pull/drop down and high and low for players I can recruit now. If a player drops or gets pulled i move him to high or low depending on desirability...
8/20/2014 12:30 AM
I kind of do the same thing I guess.  I remove anyone from my Recruiting summary who is not recruitable (wouldn't want to accidentally waste money on a guy I can't get.  Did that once and almost devastated my recruiting class as it left me scrambling to sign players cheap).  Back-ups get designated as Low.  Guys that are recruitable right now are Medium and guys that are recruitable right now and I plan to go after are designated High.
8/20/2014 2:17 AM
If I'm recruiting for my D3 team, I use 'not set' for all D3 recruits.   I use 'high' priority for DII guards; 'medium' for  DII small forwards; and 'low' for PF and C
8/20/2014 4:54 AM
broader comment - it would be great - and I assume not a huge deal as a matter of programming if we could have one or both of

1. a note field for each recruit - so one could record stuff like these or other categorizations
2. the option to create in the priority field other "recruit priorities" which would then be sortable - we each have different approaches to sorting and classifying recruits and would be great if the summary page allowed us to reflect those - rather than a scribbled page of notes or a standalone XLS or whatever folks do
8/20/2014 8:33 AM
Well, Seble said there may be a significant design change to recruiting down the road, so hopefully he sees some of these great suggestions and adds them to the new look. I just hope we all live long enough to see the changes!
8/20/2014 11:04 AM
I'd like the ability to see all the Ratings of just the guys on my Watch list, and preferably in the order they're listed on my Watch list, too.  So in the dropdown box marked State within the Recruit Search page, just add an option for "WatchList Only" that would show the ratings for just the kids on your Watch list.
8/20/2014 5:32 PM (edited)
I think a notes column would be great too. I leave potential pull downs at "Not Set" until I find out if they are backups. If they are backups I make them Medium. If they will not talk to me, I make them low. All recruitable players I put at High, but I have a separate spread sheet where I determine which ones I will actually go after. 

8/20/2014 6:53 PM
Posted by jdno on 8/20/2014 5:32:00 PM (view original):
I'd like the ability to see all the Ratings of just the guys on my Watch list, and preferably in the order they're listed on my Watch list, too.  So in the dropdown box marked State within the Recruit Search page, just add an option for "WatchList Only" that would show the ratings for just the kids on your Watch list.
This would be SO helpful, I've wanted something like this for a long time.  Good idea Jdno.
8/22/2014 3:27 AM
On the recruit "summary" page under the "considering" column, just list the dang school(s) the recruit is considering (instead of saying "considering another school).  I hate having to constantly click on the recruit to make sure he's still considering the same school as the previous cycle, or to make sure no new schools have jumped into the mix.  
8/22/2014 10:18 AM
Be able to see projected level in summary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.