Just Got Colluded Against Topic

Don't forget to thank johnsensing
8/25/2014 7:23 PM
If any of you want to have a "real" conversation about this, you'd better sitemail because this thread is going into lore...
8/25/2014 7:28 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
The goal was to get ixola his guy...he's a ****** coach, and john (the "squeaky clean" Knight D1 wins leader) had nothing to lose by poaching my guy (the #5 C), doing his conference mate a favor.

Oh and who does ol' boy coach in Phelan...Mississippi...yep
8/25/2014 9:57 PM (edited)
"#cheetowin"
8/25/2014 9:35 PM
Posted by colonels19 on 8/25/2014 9:57:00 PM (view original):
The goal was to get ixola his guy...he's a ****** coach, and john (the "squeaky clean" Knight D1 wins leader) had nothing to lose by poaching my guy (the #5 C), doing his conference mate a favor.

unless the guy isn't a+ BCS quality, in which case he lost quite a lot. but if the guy was a+ BCS quality... nah, he couldn't have went for him because the guy was actually good. you're right, must be collusion.
8/25/2014 10:16 PM
No free sweatshirt for you!
8/25/2014 10:22 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 8/25/2014 10:16:00 PM (view original):
Posted by colonels19 on 8/25/2014 9:57:00 PM (view original):

unless the guy isn't a+ BCS quality, in which case he lost quite a lot. but if the guy was a+ BCS quality... nah, he couldn't have went for him because the guy was actually good. you're right, must be collusion.
You're discounting the timing of everything...they can backtrack like Lance Armstrong all they want...they know what they did...they're deleting their sitemails, pleading with seble, etc...they know what they did...guys with guilty consciences chirp like birdies...look at sensing on my league board overexplaining himself
8/25/2014 10:41 PM
I've posted a rather lengthy response to this foolishness on the Knight SEC coaches' corner if anyone cares to read it -- bottom line, colonels is an idiot, there was no collusion, and his complaint itself proves he is a poor strategic recruiter.  But my coaching of Ole Miss in Phelan is pretty powerful evidence of collusion in Knight -- brilliant deduction, Holmes.
8/25/2014 10:44 PM
Look how guilty you're feeling...you just spent money to respond to me...put tbe shovel down Mac
8/25/2014 10:47 PM
as I said on my coaches corner, I don't appreciate being accused of cheating.  $10 is a small price to pay to put you back in your place.
8/25/2014 10:49 PM
Jhc will u pick one response tactic and stick with it? Thought sitemail was ur medium of choice...
8/25/2014 10:51 PM
I looked it over and from my point of view, I doubt there was collusion.  A B- team with the #5 C should be expecting to get poached, as you did.  With LSU's prestige and bonus money, I assume you didn't fight him for the recruit, so the $ that was going towards your battle with ixo was still going towards that battle, right?  Or did you spend on the C going to LSU?
8/25/2014 10:59 PM
I don't feel like sitemailing colonels, so here goes-

LSU jumped on a very good recruit being held by a B- mid-major after LSU was jumped by a BCS school with more openings and LSU let that guy go.  Colonels also happened to be in a battle with ixolabrat for Woodcock.  Somehow, LSU taking the Center away from colonels made him lose the battle with ixo.  Honestly, I don't see how that is making colonels lose that battle unless colonels decided to try to take on both battles - including the one for the #5 C in the country against A+ LSU who had already signed guys for both of their other scholarships - thus had money to blow on this recruit.  If colonels took on the battle against LSU, he was burning his own money, which is why I think he's complaining.  Colonels made a bad strategy move and he lost.

It makes complete sense what johnsensing did and I think colonels didn't read the recruiting landscape right.

I have a Q for colonels- who were these other recruits ixo was going after?  Were they solid recruits?  Or high potential guys he may have been scouting for high-highs?  Or JUCOs that were there the whole time because of a few SVs the prior year?  

8/25/2014 11:13 PM
Posted by colonels19 on 8/25/2014 6:53:00 PM (view original):
Ok, so I was just going to continue to dick around about this, but no more.  I will not use usernames, but do your own research.

I was battling a user A who had 3 open ships, and between 8-10 considering at any one given time.

I had 3 open ships, 3 guys considering from cycle 1, 2 I was the only team on.  I had the mf (user A) beat on the guy we were battling for until...

On the 8PM cycle on signing day, I sign one guy, still battling with user A, and a guy jumps on the other guy that was considering only me up until that point, who happens to be in the same DIVISION of the conference of the guy I'm already battling.  User A had 3 or 4 others (aside from the one we were fighting over) considering at that the time after signing 2 guys at 8PM, but he's only chasing the guy that him and I are after.  I end up not getting either guy, and bottom line is, ******* talked.
I don't want to me mean, but you are clearly not ready for elite D1 recruiting then...
8/26/2014 12:02 AM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Just Got Colluded Against Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.