Offer Walkon Scholarship Topic

When's the deadline for offering a scholarship to a walkon player? Can I do it after the NC game and EEs have been declared?
8/27/2014 10:56 AM
no, has to be done before the EE declaration, which is the same as saying before the title game
8/27/2014 2:31 PM
im curious, just because its you, is this a theoretical question or a practical one? i had no idea of the answer myself, but its an interesting question - however, i would be far more interested to see the walkon that is good enough that tianyi might actually sign them :) im assuming you are expecting possibly over 6 openings, but couldn't the guy still cost you next year - or are you anticipating 6+ for 2 seasons? whats the rationale there?
8/27/2014 3:28 PM
I think he's considering signing the walk-on so that he can carry over playoff cash (assuming he has no EEs), otherwise if he doesn't sign the walk-on, then he'd have only a single opening when the walk on left at the end of the season.

I believe you must offer the scholarship prior to the title game being played.
8/27/2014 4:09 PM
Posted by buddhagamer on 8/27/2014 4:09:00 PM (view original):
I think he's considering signing the walk-on so that he can carry over playoff cash (assuming he has no EEs), otherwise if he doesn't sign the walk-on, then he'd have only a single opening when the walk on left at the end of the season.

I believe you must offer the scholarship prior to the title game being played.
yep, can only be this reason really.  For all the heavy lifting billy does around here, I'm kinda surprised he didn't figure that one out himself.   

Not hating, just saying

8/27/2014 6:37 PM
I want to carryover 100% for next season. Forgot I had 0 seniors when I was recruiting and ended up taking a walkon. I have a guy that's 98th on the big board and assuming he doesn't leave, I wouldn't mind having a walkon for 4 years for carryover. 
8/27/2014 9:08 PM
Wow, didn't realize you could carry over 100 percent if you have no open scholarships. 
8/27/2014 10:34 PM
oh, i see... his clemson team. that makes sense :) thats actually a pretty good idea. i wonder what the timing is, maybe walkons are simmed after EEs leave by a few minutes, or something? 
8/27/2014 11:10 PM
Posted by tianyi7886 on 8/27/2014 9:08:00 PM (view original):
I want to carryover 100% for next season. Forgot I had 0 seniors when I was recruiting and ended up taking a walkon. I have a guy that's 98th on the big board and assuming he doesn't leave, I wouldn't mind having a walkon for 4 years for carryover. 
plus you could cut him after 1 season, the hit is negligible, the biggest cost is the 15K you lose that 2nd season IMO. but beats the heck out of also losing it a 3rd and 4th season!
8/27/2014 11:11 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 8/27/2014 11:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tianyi7886 on 8/27/2014 9:08:00 PM (view original):
plus you could cut him after 1 season, the hit is negligible, the biggest cost is the 15K you lose that 2nd season IMO. but beats the heck out of also losing it a 3rd and 4th season!
I might just keep him because I don't fill all my scholarships anyways. I really need the 100% carryover considering how weak the ACC is while the SEC is quite strong
8/28/2014 11:25 AM
Posted by jdno on 8/27/2014 2:31:00 PM (view original):
no, has to be done before the EE declaration, which is the same as saying before the title game
It looks like I can offer scholarship to a walkon after NC and EE. Phelan NC just concluded and the offer walkon a scholarship option still exists. 
9/5/2014 11:14 AM
Great idea...I may wind up doing this myself with my K-State team.
9/5/2014 5:10 PM
Offer Walkon Scholarship Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.