The creator has never been the victor? Topic

Seble has never won a National or PT Championship?! But he is the big man! What gives buddy :( I cant help but i must say I love you for this game and miss you <3 Recruiting update soon plz...
8/28/2014 9:06 PM
Seble didn't create the game
8/28/2014 9:28 PM
Posted by colonels19 on 8/28/2014 9:28:00 PM (view original):
Seble didn't create the game
well ****... HE STILL HASN"T BEEN A VICTOR!!
8/28/2014 9:48 PM
lofl!
8/28/2014 9:52 PM
I always assumed that the WIS staff has teams just so that they can be involved in the gameplay and know when the game has bugs or if there are issues that need to be taken care of.  I don't think they put too much effort into trying to win.  Because if they did, we'd probably just complain it was rigged.
8/29/2014 8:50 AM
Posted by dan2044 on 8/29/2014 8:50:00 AM (view original):
I always assumed that the WIS staff has teams just so that they can be involved in the gameplay and know when the game has bugs or if there are issues that need to be taken care of.  I don't think they put too much effort into trying to win.  Because if they did, we'd probably just complain it was rigged.
i think there is some merit to this, but seble's teams have been really poor. his d1 team of 50 years is 0-6 in the NT. old admin used to have real teams and would compete, he had a d2 tark team that was a perennial top 10 program. 

i think its one thing to be like well, i don't want to go in there and win a ton of championships, because of superior knowledge of the game (because you develop the damn thing). but i don't think just having crap teams who limp along is the answer, either. seble should have some real teams so he knows what its like to try to maintain a competitive program at any level, so he knows what its like to recruit in the competitive environment of d1, to struggle through building a BCS quality resume at a mid major, or through a BCS rebuild, or to deal with the limitations of a d3 budget with respect to FSS, to deal with losing players to d1 schools in d2... you know, the challenges and struggles of normal coaches.

i guess i just don't feel seble has the real experience to relate to the experience of the game players, and i have long felt that limits his ability to be an effective game designer. some of the things he has done (like tweaking lp scoring upwards by 10% in response to consumer criticisms) just drip with lack of context and understanding of the experience of regular coaches. same with the d1 recruit generation change and subsequent lack of fix...
8/29/2014 9:22 AM
In the early seasons,  North Park  won the national tournament in 2 different worlds, a week apart.   One of the coaches accused the creator of being a North Park fan and rigging the game in favor of his school. 
8/29/2014 12:28 PM (edited)
Could always be like GD where the developer did (evidently) insert code to make his Notre Dame team improve at an accelerated rate. Think there was an additional bit of sleazebaggery that went on back in the era of He Who Shall Not Be Named too... (not to mention the steaming dungpile that was v 2.0)
8/29/2014 1:00 PM
Posted by rednu on 8/29/2014 1:00:00 PM (view original):
Could always be like GD where the developer did (evidently) insert code to make his Notre Dame team improve at an accelerated rate. Think there was an additional bit of sleazebaggery that went on back in the era of He Who Shall Not Be Named too... (not to mention the steaming dungpile that was v 2.0)
seriously? 
8/29/2014 3:11 PM
Irish99
8/29/2014 5:09 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 8/29/2014 3:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by rednu on 8/29/2014 1:00:00 PM (view original):
seriously? 
quite serious...suspected at the time, later confirmed by the subsequent developer who came on board. 
8/29/2014 11:06 PM
Seble to Capture his first Chip 2015, I'm starting the campaign! Seble for 2015
8/30/2014 11:37 AM
The creator has never been the victor? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.